Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-24-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
..okay finally got 2 sets in today..here goes

Lyman 139: well..............guess I have never ridden a fast board before (cwb absolut 2002/03, infinity, cwb 03 absolute platinum, 2003 premier, 2002 belmont, 2006 marius)

- this board is fast.......caught me off guard at first because it accelerated much quicker than the marius.....and was just really fast....had to get used to the speed for timing at first.

- this is the first board i have ridden that I felt would not also suit a beginner. If you dont know how to ride properly....this board can put you in trouble.

- but if you know how to ride this board is amazing...super fast(did I say that already)
soft landing.... felt the flex really benefited the landings as did the speed

- in one word or two......this board is effort less and explosive! You have to know how to control it though.

- on my second set I was just burning around like a madman....in out jumping etc.....no wasted time no effort......
- the board really feels finless....but when you cut its all there no sliding out.....it accelerates extremely fast and digs in quickly ,no need to ease in to much.

- all in all another level of riding.....you can def. notice the flex on landings.

murray bindings 08

easiest ever in and out....open the tongue and your out.
Hockey skate like tight fit.....your in!
Cushy landings
easy to undue laces...pull white tab
very comfortable....with sports car like connection to the board

like less

the bottom plate...plastic? toe of boot can come up when leaning back only a even little.

not really a problem but the tongue up at the ankle is firm and you can feel it.....however it does get softer as they are worked in.....this binding def has to be worked in compared to say a watson which is super comphy everywhere right out of the box (I have a pair)

this is an exciting board and binding combo......again think explosive....effortless!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-25-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
Good Stuff! I think I may upgrade my 3 year old absolute for the new lyman board! (try out first)

I was out for two sets today... getting the feel back.. also the X-star wake... love it!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-25-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
I have the Murrays and I am loving them. I haven't tried them without the stiffeners, but I think as I get used to my new setup I will have to give that a go.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-26-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
..........I was behind my old boat with the Lyman and seriously thinking.....no way am I getting behind my supra with this thing....its a lethal weapon. I dont know if I am getting my point across....but I am impressed. But after my second try I felt much better...ready to take it to a real wake.

Yeah it was nice to get out for the first time....greg I am sure you'll be toying around for a while with that beast!
Stephen I dont think I will be going back to My watsons which I love...but there is just something about the murrays, which will keep me in them.
Old     (cyprus)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-26-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
I have the same Lyman 139 + Murray setup and loving it. Are you using the Lyman with or without the removable fins?
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-26-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
ive went trough 5 sets of murrays since last july... 3 pairs of 07s and now two sets of 08s... the 07s kept breaking at the cable stay at the bottom of the boots... one set of 08 i broke the plastic ring on the the option two strap and the second i pulled the boot off the footbed and ripped the stitches right out of the foot bed.. but the feel great before i break them.. lol
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-26-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
I am riding with the fins in......there is pretty much no reason to take them off...as it pretty much breaks loose like its finless.

william you must be one tough dude! I have never broken a set of bindings...then again I dont do much.

are you always getting them replaced by warranty?