Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-05-2011, 9:15 PM Reply   
OK, so I took my boat out this past weekend, and while backing into the shore, I managed to "nick" two of the 4 blades on my prop. Totally fixable, but still, something I need to get fixed. I called a local prop guy in Ventura, Valley prop I think, and he was talking about mabe getting a different propeller.
I currently have a 2007 212V ski Supreme. I run both rear ballast tanks (760 lbs total) and about 6-8 people in the boat. I sometimes add 200-300 lbs in the bow as well. I told him this, and he said I might burn the valves on my engine? due to the ammount of weight with a stock prop. So, I'm thinking on buying a new prop, that better suits my setup, and having my stock prop repaired for a backup.
My question, is, what prop should I be buying? We surf and wakeboard, and the above mentioned is the usual ammount of people and ballast in my boat. My stock prop is a acme 275 13.5 X17.5V LH 11/8" . What would you guys reccomend I buy??? thanks for the expert advice as usual!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-05-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
I have been running the OJ 532 Fusion on my VLX, which is a great low end prop, great for heavy ballast/wakeboarding. I switched from the ACME 1939 that came on my VLX, and it really did improve the hole shot. I also had a couple seasons on my old boat with the ACME 1235, almost exactly like the 532 Fusion and was really happy with that prop. As soon as I took out the VLX for the first time with the 1939 I knew I was taking it off and puting on the 532 or 1235.

You will sacrafice top end speed with both of these, but IMO its well worth it for a much better wakeboard and surf experience. You will probably top out at 41-43 MPH, you can cruise in the 30-35 MPH without running the motor too hard. I was at 3300 RPMs at 30 MPH, and about 3900 RPMs at 35 MPH yesterday on the water.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2011, 10:14 PM Reply   
Mark,I'm running an Acme 1273 per Jim @Acme.The 275 is a horrible prop for our boats.The prop is 14.5x14.25 .150 cup.Good price here http://www.boatownersworld.com/Props...propellers.htm
Old     (ej_ojprop)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-06-2011, 4:22 AM Reply   
Marc - You can't run anything larger than 13.5" diameter on the Supreme. I would suggest our 13.5 X 15.5 LC 1 1/8" XMP 4-blade.
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-06-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
Eric-
How can Jay T. have a 14.5 on his boat, and you say Supremes will only handle a 13.5? We have the sae year and model boats......Also, if the acme 275 is a horriable prop, what should I do with it? shuld be good enough for a backup right?
now, what brand and why? XMP? OJ? ACME? thanks again
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-06-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
When you take that prop in for repair have them change it to a 15.5" pitch. You will not be disappointed. If your boat still struggles getting on plane with your ballast then you should purchase a prop with 14.25" of pitch.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-06-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
Acme 1579 you will not be sorry you lose some off the top end but it makes a night and day difference getting out of the hole and holding speed.Send your old prop to have it repaired and while their at it have them pitch it down to a 15 and keep it as a spare.
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-06-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
what's the difference between a three blade and a four blade? one less to hit something with?