Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-12-2004, 1:21 AM Reply   
I am trying to get some input on which is better. I remember hearing about DNA's breaking, or not being as strong as the bio. Can someone let me know the difference between the two. Found some smokin' deals, just trying to decide.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-12-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
Last time I posted this I got flamed, but here goes. I broke a DNA TFD in about two months time. They're lighter, but weaker. I'd go biolite all the way.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-12-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Bio!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-13-2004, 1:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's what I thought. Like I said, I found a good deal, but called today and they are out of the bio, and have one DNA left. $275 brand new. Can't pass that up. The board is mainly for my girlfriend, who is about 100#, and is not hardcore at all. The only way she will break it is by throwing it out the window going down the freeway.

On the subject of breakage, I have never had to warranty one of my boards, but what if it breaks? Is there a lifetime warranty against breaking, or limited like one year, etc.?
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-13-2004, 1:57 AM Reply   
don't take it on sliders and kickers, and its waranteed for a year
Old    saxosham            08-13-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
I'd go with the biolite personally, but then again if the board is not going to be subject to hardcore riding then the DNA would be fine. Hyperlite have a very good warranty policy, one year full warranty and then Im also pretty sure they offer a ifetime limited warranty.
Old    jonnyrotten79            08-13-2004, 8:51 PM Reply   
DNA in ur case
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-14-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Snagged the DNA for $275!!!. Only one left (bio or DNA). Wish I would have done it two days earlier. Was also looking for LF Minx bindings. They had some for $165, but they are all gone. If anyone knows of a good deal (down from $309, in size Sm), please let me know. Might check e-bay.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-14-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
Yea DNA in YOUR case... lighter is good for her im sure and for the price thats a great deal. just dont go riding it yourself..
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-15-2004, 11:22 PM Reply   
Oh, I do plan on taking it for a spin once in a while, but not too often. I am not hardcore, don't do inverts, or much more than W2W's, so I don't think I would be too hard on the board where I would worry about breaking it. As far as weight/size for a 136, I am 170 lbs, and 5'10", so I am at the top end for that size, but like I said, just once in a while. I would not give up my 04 Absolute 141 anyway!!