Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
I have this problem with my with my 04 VLX and the center Ballast tank. I'll empty it, and about 10 minutes later it's halfway full again -with out the pump running. Malibu uses centrifugal force pumps. One of two things is happening, the fill hose is siphoning water into the tank OR the loop that runs up the side of the boat has fallen down to below the water line.

My question, has anyone run into this? Might save me some time trying to figure out why it's doing it.

Secondly, does anyone know where the fill loop that runs above the water line is located? I suspect it's behind the throttle/radio side of the dash--but haven't really looked for it.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
My fill loop on my 05 Vride is on top of the tank.
Do you have a valve with a handle below the pump that fills the tank? If so you could just push the lever down.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Right, the fill loop is on top of the tank, but it runs into the driver's side streamer and disappears, then comes back and into the tank. I want to know where it goes.

I do have a valve, though Malibu didn't pull through on the quality craftsmanship. The fuel tank is jammed into the valve so hard I can't shut it off. So much so, the fuel tank has a bow in it where the valve presses the side of the tank in.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-18-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
are 03 will fill up as we drive as well. i think this is a pretty common thing for the center tank of malibus.
Old     (dc9669)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
I don't know what they did but my dealer just fixed that very same problem on my Vride. I think you will need to extend the fill line above the tank.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-18-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Just had that problem with my vride and the dealer said he moved the fill loop up--if it's too low, it will fill every time!
Old    rconner            05-19-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
A good friend has a 05 wakesetter and the dealer replaced his pumps for the same reason. Malibu is not recalling because it is not concidered a safety problem. But the dealer took take of it after he brought it up during scheduled maintenance. I would check your local dealer.