Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-04-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
I have listened to alot of good debates on wether to buy an expensive boat and what brand to buy. I have rode behind a 27 yr. old stars and stripes for 10 yrs. Have probly more weight in the boat than the boat weighs itself..Have been a die hard mastercraft man for years....but things are about to change.Have looked at all brands for the past couple of years and dont see alot of difference between them.My opinion!! All new boats look good to me..colors,graphics,interior,ect....... To me service and attitude towards me and towards the other dealers makes all the difference in the world.. Some people like alot of bling and thats fine if you can foot the bill--me...when i back into the water 3-4 times a week i want to wakeboard!! Yes i guess my boat im getting has a little bling but not much..its neat looking to me,and that is what matters. Im sorry but i dont see paying an extra 10-20k for name or looks. My opinion its up to ind. people on what is best for them..im not writing this to start a boat war ,all im saying is buy what you want..have fun..be proud of it. Ive looked real hard at - moomba,tige,centurion,mastercraft,malibu,air naut.All great boats!! Of coarse i automatically leaned toward MC. But a little too pricey for me.Has any one been with a boat co. for a long time then change? I will have to spend nearly 300.00 on stickers and decals for car and trk that we drive.Just my thots.....oh yea buying a centurion avalanch,killer wake,killer sound with side swipe exaust.The guys at my dealer are cool as hell..they all ride as much as me and my buddies do!!! M/O you cant go wrong with any new or late model wakeboard boat!!
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-04-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
we want pics. congrats on the new boat. my enzo has been sitting in the garage since october waiting to touch water for the first time. can't wait.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-04-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
Congrats, I'm sure you'll love the new boat.
Post pics when you get em.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-04-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
Ive owned a Calabria Pro V A Moomba XLV and now an MB Sport V 23. Have loved them all. Congrats man, I alsmot pulled the trigger on an Avalanche a few years ago, great boat.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-04-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
Daniel,

Out of those three boats how did the Moomba stack up. Looking for a wakeboard boat for a good price.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2007, 5:30 AM Reply   
Well it sounds like you put a lot of thought into it. Dealer has EVERYTHING to do with it, IMO. I don't know much about centurion, but I hope you love it. Congrats!
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Upload If anybody lookin for a cool dealership --centurionofkingsport.com
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
Daniel,looked real hard at moomba last year - great boat.If I hadnt met the guys at centurion in kingsport..moomba or tige would be 2nd choice. Take a test drive,if they really want to sell you a boat they will take you out no matter the weather. Good luck!!!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-06-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
Not really sure what your point was with your post but which ever boat you get,tell us how you like it and congrats for looking to make a new purchase.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
"oh yea buying a centurion avalanch,killer wake,killer sound with side swipe exaust"

Congrats on the boat you will love it!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Congrats!

I have to respectfully disagree with the "you can't go wrong comment though." Especially if your primary interest is the quality of the wake. I've been behind a half-dozen newer wake boats that were very nice, but suffered in the wake department.

Some boat companies got lucky when they turned their ski boat into a wake boat, and others were not so lucky.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-06-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
Great thread man it really is about riders preference. They all cost a lot of money, they all have problems, but most of all they create a lot of good times and memories.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
Hey Jarod, sorry for misleading. What I meant was I had got all out of my ol MC I could--had to go with something bigger and roomier. I agree that all new boats are not the same.People should do there homework and make sure before making an investment.--Great looking boat on your end also!!!
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
Dang! Sweet boat! I had an Avalanche in 05, you will love it! I upgraded to an Enzo for a bigger surf wake, but the Avy is still one of my favorites of all time.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
rodney, you stand correct with the dealership and how aweesome they are. If they were just a little bit closer(i just about drove the 30 plus hours just to deal with them) i would have a boat from them right now. I'm looking forward to purchasing alot of my goods from them. top notch.