Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-27-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
I'm thinking my hot water shower isn't working right on my 2002 X-star. First, it only turns on if the cold water is turned on, then you mix in the hot water. If you turn on just the hot, it doesn't turn on, meaning no water comes out. Maybe it's suppose to be that way? But, even with the engine up to temp, I can't get the water adjusted to a temperature that's more than luke warm. Any ideas what could be wrong...if anything? Maybe it isn't suppose to get hot? But at the temp it is now, it's not worth having.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       11-27-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
is your boat on when you are useing it? on mine the boat has to be on and it gets damn hot.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-27-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
check for a kinked hot water line, it should be coming off the heater line connections at the back of the block. Sometimes the hose gets a kink.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-27-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
yes the boat is on, it only works when the boat is on. I'll check for kinked lines. Is it normal for it to only work when the cold water is on either alone or with the hot water? Doesn't work at all when just the hot water is turned on and cold water is off.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       11-27-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
no its not normal you should be able to just turn on the hot or the cold or both Psyclone is probaly right about the kink in the hose.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-27-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Check for debris in the hot water line. Mine did the exact same thing (01 X-star) and once I cleared the lines, it worked a lot better.