Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-16-2009, 9:20 PM Reply   
I demo'd last years transcend and loved how fast it was and its landings but didnt get as much pop as my natural.

So for 09 I guess its supposed to be even better. Ive also heard great things about the 09 absolute which ive never ridden.

My question is, how does the absolute ride in comparison to the transcend? speed, pop, predictable, landings, edging, forgiving, etc.

Thanks
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-18-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
has anyone ridden both?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-18-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Absolute is a bit slower. Pops about the same. Rides much tighter on the water. I think it sits a bit lower, too. It's a much narrower board. I'd say the Absolute edges a bit harder.

I'm riding the '09 Absolute and like it. I just wanted a change this year. Honestly, though.... I think the Transcend is the better board. Ride it with the short fins and I think you'll love it. It's a super fun shape.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Hey Evan, was the ride of the '09 much different than the previous Absolute shape? I rode that shape for quite awhile and then last year I went back and rode my '07, I was all over the damn place!

The 09 Transcend compared to the 07 Absolute is a little faster while flat, but a little slower edge to edge. The pop is a little less dramatic and releases off the wake better. The Transcend has a thicker rail which makes it a little more forgiving. I ride it without any fin extensions and think it is the perfect board.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-18-2009, 3:52 PM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha... Not too different, though it feels quite a bit stickier than my previous Absolutes, though that could be because I've been riding the Transcend for the last two years.

I like it pretty well, but think there is a bit more Technology in the Transcend. It really does everything a bit better.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
I'm loving my new transcend. I had to run the short platinum extensions on the 09 Trani. I usually love loose boards (rode the 07 and 08 finless), but I disliked the 09 with no fins. Now, with the fins, it rides a little tighter, but now I'm used to it and actually like the extra fin. It holds an edge a little better and helps me ride out of tricks where I land the board too flat.