Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    mastercraft17            08-18-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
I'll be down at the shore all this week and I like to do some boarding with you guys.. So call my cell 1-908-892-8569 and maybe we can get together and do some boarding one of those days.(I got gas money)
Old    sarrah            08-19-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
hey guys long time no talk...alex got the video i keep watching it...heres some of the pics from last outing..

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-19-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
Hey Chris: We won't be back down to Manahawkin again until Friday afternoon, August 22. Our riding plans for this weekend are not yet definite. Isn't the Wild Bill Wakeboard Barbeque this weekend? And if we do go out on Saturday high tide is really early so we'd be pushing-off around (gulp) 6:00am. But since we'll be on vacation, maybe a Sunday would be better. Or even Monday! Or maybe Saturday evening would be cool. Or any day all week long! Eeee haa!

I'm glad you're watching the videos Sarah. We'll have to bring you out again. The greenheads have been extremely vicious this year, but for whatever reason they leave you alone!

Since njladydriver and I are going to be on vacation all next week, it's up to everyone else here to make sure this thread keeps receiving regular (daily) posts or it may again be inexplicably deleted into nothingness.

Are you still with us Jeff?
KG are you still reading?
Are you back from the X Games yet JB?
I know YOU'RE reading njladydriver!

Let's keep the NJ crew together!
Old    ffejtable            08-20-2003, 5:46 AM Reply   
So we're giving this another go I see...

I'm here and you know I am always ready to ride... I'm running out of time to land that 360.. I gave it a few more attempts last week both wrapped and unwrapped... I WILL LAND IT!

Chris, I think you are staying down in Lavalette area, right? I am probably going to be out tomorrow afternoon if you are interested in taking a trip to sea bright. ill try calling you later...

Whoever killed the last thread... If its done again, an explanation would be nice. I am not aware of any Wakeworld rules that are being broken.

(Message edited by ffejtable on August 20, 2003)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-21-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
I'm still here...

Been busy, trying to find a job now that I can walk again!!!

REMINDER:
The Wildbill AMA Wakeboard event is this Sat Aug 23 in Avalon, NJ for all those interested.

Starts at 10am.

KG
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-21-2003, 5:24 PM Reply   
Hmmm....10:00am?? I bet we can get out on the bay for high tide at 6:00am, ride until 8:30am, get home and dressed by 9:15am and out the door to continue the full day of wakeboarding enjoyment at Wildbill's! What do you think Alex?
Jeff are you going?? Alex, you in?? Let's make it happen, I wanna go!!
Old    ffejtable            08-21-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
I'm not sure what I want to do saturday yet. I've only heard bits and pieces about Wildbill's event.. Who is participating? do we bring our own ride? etc, etc...

I'm thinking of spending a nice day out on the water unless I am convinced otherwise. :-) Also thinking of having the boat taken out of the water saturday for a nice freshwater bath and powerwash...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-21-2003, 7:21 PM Reply   
I don't know... Do we load-up the van and drive an hour south for Wild Bill's Wakeboard Challenge & Barbecue or do we hang local for Uncle Al's Turtle Cove Wakeboard Fiesta & Aunt Doreen's Back Yard Barbecue? I don't know what to do. And as Jeff said, other than it being in Avalon and starting at 10:00am, I don't know anything else about it. I wonder how the greenheads are in Avalon...
Also, this my last post until at least September 2. And finally, my birthday is Friday August 29 just in case anyone decides to drive down for a spontaneous dockside par-tay. It pains me to think about how old I am.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-21-2003, 11:33 PM Reply   
the greenheads are more viscious, as there are less ppl down here to feed on!!!

Well...if anyone decides to go to Wildbill's, pleaz look for me and a Blue/White MC with a Bitchin Tower Speaker Box. I will be wearing lite blue board shorts, walking with a limp and drinking Corona's. The wife is a blonde named Karen and drinks Mike's Hard Lemonade!!! I should have a few floats behind the boat as well!

Hope to see you there,
KG
Old    ffejtable            08-22-2003, 5:33 AM Reply   
Hmm, well I guess that decides that.... KG posts and doesnt include anything to clear up the confusion.

Even his website is lacking detailed info on the event...

http://www.wakescene.com/news_page.htm

Well if this event is happening I hope you all have a great time.

I think I am going to stick around and ride here locally...

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-22-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
oh yea...details sorry about that, Everything updated accordingly. Or you could just go to: http://www.wildbillswakeboarding.com

It is a limited riding day, as you tend to hang around and drink most of the time, but it is one of the only events in NJ the entire summer (our state gets the shaft every year).

I don't blame anyone for wanting to go ride, I totally understand, plus if I were not injured, I would be out riding too!

KG
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-27-2003, 6:49 AM Reply   
Chris, where you around when the quake hit Milford?,,,

E
Old    ffejtable            09-01-2003, 4:27 AM Reply   
Chris,

If you are going to flake and not show up for a pull, at least have the courtesy to call...
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-02-2003, 8:31 AM Reply   
George, I was nice to meet you and your crew last weekend, we couldnt have asked for a better day. I'll be heading out next Sunday let me known if you guys will be around.

ps - now I have to have a landlock....

E
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-03-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
We try and avoid Sunday's. I think we are going Saturday sometime. If this rain ever stops!! The landlock is fun. Just have to get it figured out, going longer without the rope.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
Well, we had a vacation loaded with wakeboarding. We wakeboarded 7 out of the 10 days we were there. It was great. On Wednesday we took out Shana and Dave from www.island-surfsail.com and had a good day. But after dropping them off, the Super Air got blown by a strong wind into a little marina cove where, while trying to back out of there, I hit something under the water and curled three of my prop blades. We limped home, hooked the trailer to the van, limped back over to the ramp and pulled the boat out of the water. 10:00am the next day we were at Surf & Offshore and in 15 minutes George Jr. had a new prop on the Super Air. We didn't get to chat with Craig because he was in Washington at Hyperlite checking-out all the new 2004 stuff. We went boarding again later that very day, and after trying to skim over a small land gap and snapping off a fin in the weeds, I'm thinking about treating myself to a new board. Our next day out on the water is going to be this Sunday at 7:00am, but with the ISS Nautique broken down and a family memeber looking to give wakeboarding a try, I think our boat's already crowded.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
Wow. Two posts in a row! I haven't been here on wakeworld for almost two weeks so I've been sitting here skimming around all over the place. So, while scrolling through the Find a Third/Be a Third area I stumbled across our old Jersey Riders II thread! Somehow, or for some reason, it got moved, it its entirety from here to there.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-06-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
Well so much for the wakeboading party extravaganza everyone wanted to put together since March! Everyone was so pumped up about wanting to get together for some type of outing, the only one we were able to hook up with was Jeff & Sarah. When Jeff says he wants to get together for wakeboarding, he pulled through everytime.
We've had a great wakeboarding season on the new boat. It's still not over yet. There may be time to get the Jersey Riders all in one place afterall! What ever happened to Jeff Barton?
Old    ffejtable            09-07-2003, 6:58 AM Reply   
Doreen... Thanks! :-) and thanks for letting me ride behind that boat, its great! :-)

I plan to be riding at least until the end of October with the drysuit. The hard part will be getting other people crazy enough to go as well..

Did you guys ever make it to the Wild Bill Event?

I can't take the boat out of the water until I land a 360... I am doing surface 360s now, but thats not quite the same :-)

Sounds like a rough weekend last time out on the boat Alex... Glad you got everything straightened out and nobody got hurt...

--jeff

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-08-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Well, this past Sunday was the best day all season for riding. We pushed-off the dock at 6:30am, we picked-up Dave and Shana from www.islandsurf-sail.com and Shana's brother at 7:00am and we headed-off to Turtle Cove. When we got there, it was like a dream. There were no other boats, it was silent, there was no wind and the whole cove was like glass. We boarded for about two hours then we dropped off Shana and her brother back at the dock. We went back back, boarded for another hour or two (Dave only wakeskated), then went back to the dock to drop-off Dave. That's when I think hit bottom and BENT MY PROP AGAIN! Or perhaps I should say I bent Surf & Offshore's loaner prop. That's two props in a week and a half. Thus it's back to Surf & Offshore this Saturday morning to get everything straightened-out. After boarding Sunday Dave tried to put together a trip to the ISS slider for some slider action, but a number of obstacles snuffed-out that plan and I ended-up just hanging out at ISS and watching videos. I think I also forgot to mention that I snapped a fin on my 2002 Belmont by trying to ride over some weeds on a small patch of land at the water's edge. As you can probably conclude, the attempt didn't go very well. I fell down and I broke a fin. It wasn't pretty.

Jeff, we're with you buddy. We're going to try to board well into October.

Jeff Barton? Who's Jeff Barton?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-10-2003, 7:25 PM Reply   
Jeff: Are you interested in being our third around noon this Saturday? We should be back from Surf & Offshore by then, and we'll just drop the boat in and go right over to Turtle Cove. What do you think Link? Let me know Flo. Of course, weather permitting.
Old    ffejtable            09-10-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
Alex... I would love to man, however a friend of mine purchased a new boat last weekend at the AC In water boat show and is picking it up friday and we're going to try and get it in the water on saturday.

I will call you however if things change, as they usually do...

Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-11-2003, 4:10 AM Reply   
Eustace

How was last weekend? We went out on Saturday and the river was like chocolate it was so dirty. We are probably going out sunday morning. Maybe we will see you out there.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-11-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
George, I was out on Sunday and it was still muddy and the water got colder as the day went on (Still better then a day of work). There where a few more wake boats out then usual on Sunday, saw a SAN and a yellow MC riding around that I haven’t seen before.

I will be out of town for this weekend, so we will look for you on the following weekend.

E.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-16-2003, 7:21 PM Reply   
Well, a hurricane is heading for the east coast. I'll be going down to the shore house Wednesday night for a couple hours just to disassemble the trampoline, bring in the lawn chairs and just make sure everything is tight and secure. The Super Air is going to have to tough-out the storm right there in the lagoon. On the brighter side, the weekend is supposed to be nice. We may need a third on Saturday at around 3:00pm, but we're still not certain. Last Sunday there were two X-Stars in Turtle Cove: a white and silver one and a very green one. Specialized wakeboard boats are becoming quite common. It's amazing.
Old    sarrah            09-17-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
im sure the boat will last, i dont think we should expect anything huge...i know a bunch of locals are freaking out and buying flashlights and water and batterys but i think it will be a fluke and we will get some rain...:-)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-21-2003, 4:13 PM Reply   
Well we lasted through the big storm. The SANTE was just fine. Lots of worrying and nail biting not knowing when we get there for the weekend, the boat would be capsized, however, it was all OK.
We went riding late Saturday afternoon in turtle cove. The riding conditons were excellant. Nice and smooth with just one other boat there and I think they were wakeskating. Alex getting big air I have to add! I think it's time for him to do a back roll!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-22-2003, 7:43 PM Reply   
One of the coolest things about boarding Saturday was that I was doing toeside 180s for the first time. I landed it one my first try. I have read that toeside 180s are actually easier than heelside 180s and it's totally true. I have been meaning to try toeside 180s for a while, but once out there I would never remember. But for whatever reason this time I remembered. It was good to add a new trick to the list. We're hoping to get out again this Sunday at around 10:00am. Right now the forecast is for rain, but that will hopefully change.
Old    sarrah            09-30-2003, 4:34 PM Reply   
Hey, Sorry alex I didnt mean to get offline last night in the middel of your story! you need to tell me the rest! Im extremlly happy for you guys!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-30-2003, 7:24 PM Reply   
Well, the story is that njladydriver, her 9-year-old son and I are going down to Flordia for the long weekend of October 23,24,25,26 and we're going to stay and wakeboard with Travis Moye and Shaun Murray at their new wakeboard school, www.theboardingschool.com Pretty cool, huh? It's going to be a great weekend. They only book five students at a time, and right now it's just the three of us booked for that weekend. And if no one else books for that same weekend, then it stays just njladydriver, her son, me, Shaun and Travis for the whole weekend. Pretty crazy, isn't? I'm going to tell them to push me and hammer me, and I'm going to board 'til my legs are like rubber bands. Of course, we'll be snapping pictures and taking video like crazy. The package includes being pick-up at the airport, staying right there in their guest house, all the boarding we can handle, they stock the fridge and provide all our food, then we get a ride back to the airport. It's going to be great.
Old    mastercraft17            10-01-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
I want to thank the guys from liquid sports authority....I had a great day out on the X star...That thing throughs a sick wake.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2003, 5:22 AM Reply   
How much longer is everybody wakeboarding? We are calling it quits for the year.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-08-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
Alex...I'm Jealous!!!

Chris which one did you get on? The Yellow or Red?

I pull the boat Oct 18th!

It's tough hearin and watchin everyone board all summer, my leg still has not healed...but I'm livin!

KG
Old    mastercraft17            10-08-2003, 6:35 PM Reply   
Yeah I went out on the yellow one...Its the same one that they used down in Avalon during the Wild bills competition.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-08-2003, 7:39 PM Reply   
Well, with the Shaun Murray training camp weekend rapidly approaching, I'm trying to board every weekend in order keep what little skills I have as sharp as they can be. Sadly, rain and/or wind has kept the Super Air dockside for the past two weekends in a row. While it's not going to be particularly warm, nor is it supposed to be very sunny, we're still planning on pushing-off at 9:00am this Saturday for some coldwater drysuit wakeboarding. There's even an outside chance that JB may tag along too! Is anyone else still boarding or trying to board? I'm thinking about boarding up to the first weekend of November. But if it's too cold or cruddy to board that weekend, that will be it. I'll yank the boat out of the water and winterize it. Maybe we should have an Autumn wakeboard fiesta in Manahawkin this weekend.

Hey KG: Doreen and I drove down to the Wildwood this past weekend, walked on the boardwalk and went for a ride on an old wooden roller coaster. Then we cruised down to Cape May and looked at some dopey old victorian houses. We're we near your joint? Were we near the horseshoe?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-09-2003, 5:25 AM Reply   
We are done for the season, the boat get winterized this weekend...

KG, don’t feed too bad, this was the season to miss, we only were able to put 25hrs on the boat with all the crappy weather this year....

E
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
Eustace, maybe we can hook up next year. We pulled our boat out today and did one more run. The water was cold. We put 150 hours on our boat this season.
Old    chrispy1            10-09-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
what was the water temp?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       10-10-2003, 5:48 AM Reply   
Hey Chris, hope Temple is going well. Water was 54.
Old    ffejtable            10-10-2003, 3:40 PM Reply   
Water temp reading Wednesday night fishing was 62 in the ocean (Sandy Hook), the river tends to be a little bit warmer.

I have a drysuit so I expect to be riding for a few more weeks... Its the air temp I am really worried about... Didn't get a heater this year like I was planning on...

Boat will be in until mid November, at least...

--Jeff
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       10-10-2003, 7:58 PM Reply   
That surprises me that the ocean is warmer then the Delaware River? I wish the river was 62. We go out by Trenton and they post the water temp on this website.

http://www.delawareriver.net/temp.php
Old    ffejtable            10-11-2003, 4:25 AM Reply   
I got my reading Wednesday when I was out there fishing at night.... But it matches what I get from readings online. from:

http://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/plotcomp.shtml?station_info=8531680+Sandy+Hook,+NJ

The ocean is generally subject to rapid temperture changes since it is influenced by currents. Last April (2002) when we had that week of 90+ degree weather the water was warm enough to ride without a suit. The following week the temp dropped too much to ride with anything. While air temp certainly has an influence on temp, one warm or cold stream of water coming our way can change ocean temp significantly..

I do check out that site with the Delaware temp and was surprised it dropped about 10 degrees in a week!

Would like to ride this afternoon but thats not going to happen...

--jeff
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-13-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
We had planned to go out this Saturday, and while it didn't rain, it was way to windy to even think about going out. Then it rained for most of Sunay morning. But then around 3:00pm on Sunday the sun came out and it got hot. After debating the discussing it for about a half hour, we loaded-up the boat and went out. The bay water was defintely cold, but the drysuit worked its magic and we had a good couple hours alone out on the Turtle Cove butter. We may try to get out again next Sunday. Then the weekend after that will be the Shaun Murray Florida extravaganza. After that it will be November and probably time to take the boat out of the water and begin the winterization process.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-13-2003, 7:39 PM Reply   
OK, I can't stand it...I'll be sitting in the same boat with Shaun Murray in 2 weeks!
Old    sarrah            10-19-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
you better take some good pics! Its so cold here in manahawhin right now...I went surfing with a few pals yesterday cuz the winds are making it nice but its still very chilly, I also quit the shoprite job due to winter track and I cant stand half the people that work there anymore, There all power hungry alex did i ever send you the pics? I hope you guys have a great time! its next week rigth!?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-19-2003, 4:24 PM Reply   
Yes. Next Thursday night we fly out. Travis will pick us up at the airport and bring us back to the house. I doubt Shaun Murray will be there to greet us Thursday night, but I'll be up bright and early Friday morning waiting for him to knock on the door to take us out for the first lesson! As fast as my camera will take them, I'll be clicking. Only thing is, we don't have a video camera. We've been on line looking at which one to buy. I have my eye on a Sony, but only thing is, the new MiniDV's versus the Hi8 is what has us a bit on the fence as to which one to buy. The MiniDV are the most recent ones out now but they are not really good for very close up which is what we want. So do we go for a an older model that's been out for some time or the newer model for DVD. And besides, I dont' want to pay a gazillion dollars either. Let's just say, we have 3 days to make up our minds and get a video camera to take with us! For the longest t ime we've been saying we want to get a video camera and NOW we really need one!

Jeff, Sarah, Kevin....not too late to come along ya know! Shaun won't mind! :-)
Old    ffejtable            10-21-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
I would love to go... just started a new job and taking a few days off this soon is probably not a good idea...

I havent been out in about a month... nobody crazy enough to go out in this weather and I am the only one with a drysuit... The water is 56-60 which really isnt THAT cold.. certainly warm enough for drysuit, maybe even full wetsuit...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-21-2003, 8:05 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff: Do you know how to winterize and inboard? I've been calling around and the quotes I've been getting are crazy! It can't be too difficult. This is something I definitely have to learn how to do. I'm hoping to get the engine winterized Saturday November 1; unless you're in the area with your boat! I have a dry suit.
Old    ffejtable            10-22-2003, 6:38 AM Reply   
Yeah, winterization really isnt all that hard at all, and probably even easier on an inboard... There are sites on the web that will give you a checklist of things to do, but the major ones are to lubricate all moving parts, remove all water from your cooling system (replacing with antifreeze is optionally), and to put something like Sta-Bil in your gas. You should also do the routine maintenence things like changing oil, fuel filter, etc... I may pay to get mine done this year, but only because it could use a good looking over by a pro...

Nov 1, huh? I just might be crazy enough to give it a try! I can't take my boat out until I get a bunk replaced, which might be a while...

--jeff
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2003, 6:40 PM Reply   
Well, I got a guy from Tuckerton who will come to my house and winterize the engine for $150. I think he may be the guy who's going to get the job. But, in the mean time, tomorrow we're off to Florida. I thought while on this Florida trip I'd be wakeboarding for the last time this year. But if you get your bunk replaced Jeff, we can do some werious cald water wakeboarding. Plus, Doreen and I just bought a camcorder, so we could capture all the action on film. I may even have some new skills to show off!
Old    ffejtable            10-26-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
Alex.. I am not sure I follow.... when i said take the boat out I meant out of the water... Its still sitting in my slip as it has been all year... The bunk on the trailer isnt a factor..

I was out yesterday for some fishing and at 10am the water was great but the wind picked up after noon...

Water temp was a brisk 50-54...

When do you plan on taking your boat out of the water?

How was camp?
Old    chrispy1            10-27-2003, 7:08 AM Reply   

delriver
the Delaware was very cold. smooth though. the trick was trying not to get my head wet :-)
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
Hey Chris,

Is that a picture from the new Mobius you guys got? Did you try it
Old    chrispy1            10-27-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
yes it is. We took it out on suday, and we thought we were going to get rained out but it turned out really nice. The picture is from that loop lets out near the steel mill. It was glass all through there, but i didn;t want to board there because then i would have to be wet the rest of the ride back. So i did a little run a little after the burlingtion bristol bridge. Even though it was choppy , i still could get in a ok run. the water was freezing even with the longsuit on.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-28-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
We got back from Shaun & Travis boarding school Sunday night. I have one word to say EXCELLANT!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-29-2003, 5:30 PM Reply   
Even though the boat is on the trailer and in the driveway, it supposed to be 73° and sunny this Saturday! We're seriously thinking about going out one last time. What are you doing Saturday Jeff?
Old    sarrah            11-01-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
i love the temp change what is this? one day its 50 monday its suposed to be 78 possibly! how was camp
Old    chrispy1            11-03-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
i was out on sunday on the Delaware. Calm water , but alot of crap floating around due to the rain. Tons of boats in the water though, the launching ramp was crowded with all the bass boats,and they were all also fishing in the marina.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-06-2003, 4:51 PM Reply   
Well, we put the boat in last Sturday and went for our last rides of the year. Unfortunately, it wasn't a very good day. The problem is, everything is relative. You see, only one week earlier we were on Shaun and Travis' lake, it was 80+°, the water was like glass, the wake was huge and I was wearing only my board shorts and my vest. Once back at Turtle Cove, it was a little windy, the water was definitely not glass, the wake wasn't as big as I remember it being, the water was cold and I was in a bulky drysuit. Plus, some of my body parts were still a little achey from riding hard six times a day for three days in a row. So, after spending a weekend in ideal Floridian conditions, ol' Turtle Cove just didn't feel the same any more. Am I too old to chase my passion and move to Florida?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-20-2003, 4:35 PM Reply   
If anyone's still reading this, we received the invitation in the mail, and Surf & Offshore's annual Christmas party is Saturday December 13. We're definitely going to be there. Is anyone else going?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-01-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
I hear ya Alex...
Long time no talk! We should get together soon for dinner!!!

I have been avoiding many things wakeboarding for the last few months...leg injuries are brutal. I just started PT a week ago. Finally starting to get some relief from the pain!!! It has only been about 5 months now since I got broke!
totally jealous you went to FL! I hope to be able to get down there for at least a long weekend in the spring late March/April for a refresher course!

ohh yea...at the xmas party, tell them it is the season to give, and they should give out boards vests and handles, or anything else related to wakeboarding!!!
KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-04-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
Hey KG: It's good to hear that you're on the mend. Yes! We should all go out for some eats again sometime this Winter. Maybe in January. We had dinner at Smith Brothers just this past Saturday night!
We had a great time in Florida! We're even talking about going back again in February. Here's a picture of Doreen's 9-year-old Connor riding double with Shaun Murray.

Con&Shaun
Old    sarrah            12-20-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
Hey yall! ha Surprised this is at the bottom evreyones slacking! j/k Alex I got your awsome christmas card! Thanks Its hanging over my fire place right now! Seasons greatings everyone!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-28-2003, 6:20 PM Reply   
Hello Sarah! It's good to see that you're still here on wakeworld! I'm glad you like the card! It's great that it's hanging over your fireplace; as long as it doesn't fall in! Well, it's another long cold Winter in Manahawkin. Perhaps we'll see you at the Shop-Rite!