Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-25-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
My old straight line ameba handel is eating my hands alive! I got a new bullet line and the lack of stretch is making it worse. My wife and I looked at and liked the ronix chaomis(sp) handel. Any other sugestions? I liked a helium that Steve Jones had last year, the josh sanders maybe? What else?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
ya the ronix totem is the one your talking about. I have it and its awesome soft and tacky works great.
Old    kidrik            06-25-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
Why don't you just wear gloves........
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
gloves?
Old    kidrik            06-25-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Great minds think alike........
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-25-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
same reason you all wear board shorts over the wet suite. I want to look cool. jk. seriously though.
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-25-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Yeah gloves make you look kinda goofy.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-25-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
Yeah, you look goofy for about three extra pulls a day...
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-25-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
rub vagisal on your hands before you ride. I do and my hands never hurt
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
My One-Loop handle is very soft, you wont regret it!
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
The Accurate Podium is AMAZING. Its got a memory foam core and EVA coating. I switched to it from a waffle type grip and absolutely love it. It reminds me of the tempur-pedic material, just in a handle. All of my calluses seem to be going down.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-25-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
my hands only ever hurt when I am being pulled too slow, no matter what handle I am using.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-25-2008, 10:20 PM Reply   
heres a solution: Suck it up, get more calluses, i've been riding crappy handles up untill this year, and i have no problem holding on to anything for 3 40 min sets
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-25-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
really to slow? I got tons of calisus from my work, but just curious about other options. sam send me a tube Ill try it.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-26-2008, 12:07 AM Reply   
So let me get this straight...wearing gloves while wakeboarding makes you some great big vag, but wearing socks while riding is the next big thing?

awesome...
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2008, 4:19 AM Reply   
wear the gloves and save your hands. Who gives a ship how you look. If its comfortable wear them. IMO wearing socks is way mor hay than wearing gloves
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2008, 5:36 AM Reply   
Who in the world is wearing socks. I wear gloves all the time and am not even that good. Who cares, wear em, they feel great.
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-26-2008, 6:01 AM Reply   
Bullet line also makes a leather handle if you want to match rope to handle. My friend just bought it and I like it. I understand about the blisters. I had one in the palm of my hand about two weeks ago. It sucks. The more you ride the more durable your hands will get.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
Scott A,

Common man, you have been around long enough to know, it's not about what’s being done, it's about who's doing it, that makes it the next big thing

If one of us average riders suggested wearing socks while wakeboarding, we would have been laughed right out of here, but Mr. Murray says it works, and now everyone will be doing it! I'm not knocking Shawn, he is one of the best things to ever happen to wakeboarding, and if socks make his bindings fit better, then good for him. It's just human nature to emulate what the best are doing in hopes that it will help us get better.

About the gloves, Murray, Parks, Harris and many others all wore gloves back in the day, Shawn was one of the last to ditch them, it would be interesting to know what his true reason for doing it was? Even those at the top are not immune to peer pressure.

(I still believe that if you need to wear socks to get your bindings to fit better, then there is something wrong with your bindings)
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
which video was it that shane or parks was wearing gloves...i forget who it was..one of the bonifays.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-26-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
I thin in shaft and shafted there are some gloves. And no socks here. What gloves do you all rock then.
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
put strips of duct tape across your palms until they toughen up. It works!
Old    kidrik            06-26-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
Try these........

Upload
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
If you are getting blisters on your hands you need to do a little work on your mitts. Get a pedicure file or pumice stone and file the calluses down. When they are all raised up is when they will blister and tear. A little advance work and you can ride glove free for days. Plus the ladies prefer the smooth man mitts. Oh & use Proline's Synthesis handle.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       06-26-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
PROLINE LG!!!! it hurts at first, than it gets really soft, i f*****ing love it!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
If you get a Proline LG. Take your wedding ring off. I noticed after a season that ring is really chewing up what is under the leather.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-26-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
lost my wedding ring last year first ride at the meet and greet. so wifey takes the ring the night before. Thanks for the sugestions and the laughs.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-27-2008, 1:06 AM Reply   
The Helium ropes are best on my hands. They seem easier to pass also for some reason.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2008, 2:24 AM Reply   
Handles have never made too much of a difference for me. I always get calouses. Then if I get the handle snapped out of my hand, eventually the calouses falls off and we start the process all over again. It's like your finger tips when playing guitar, embrace the manly hands!
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
I wear straight line gloves with Kevlar Grip. It chews my handle a little bit, but who cares. I tried to go this week without them and I dropped the handle on a couple occassions. They definitely make it easier to hold the handle and you can board longer.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-27-2008, 6:39 AM Reply   
gloves are cheaper than a new handle. I have been wakeboarding with gloves for 14 years. I still run a rubber handle because with the bothe of them, I nearly cant let go. I rode a different handle and no gloves yesterday for the first time in forever and It was OK but I will stick to my gloves. I dont care about how I look on the water. Its wakeboarding, it isnt a fasion statement for me. If you are amy good, people wont care if you wear gloves ;)
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
My gloves dont look half as gay as the same 2 pair of boarshorts I wear everytime I go that I have had since 1999 : ) Or my old school LF Trip that is chipping on the tail and my Ultra Suc bingings that are missing some pads on the inside. My daughter has a nice new board though. Do what you like and feels best guys, when it is all said and done, it is the water and the sport that makes you feel good, not your style.