Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old    sdahockey21            10-16-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
Any one else get stupid comments about being a wakeboarder from people?

How about some good come backs to shut people like this up?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-16-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
Nope. Most wish they could spend their summers on a sweet boat, hanging with friends, cranking the tunes, and riding.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
chics dig wakeboarding and supermans...who cares what some TOOL says ab it
Old    sdahockey21            10-16-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
The chicks aren't the problem, its always the dudes without the chicks!! haha
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-16-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
Only from Izod shirt tucked into elastic wasteband swim trunk sock and sandal wearing ski guys.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       10-16-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Wakeboarders are not really a group of similar people, they come in all shapes, sizes, ages and races. But as a rule we are better looking and smarter..
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-16-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
Im with Josh on this one! Chica's dig wakeboarders! Hater are goin to hate! Ballers are goin to ball! So as long as your a baller you will get hated on! Who cares what some little tool box thinks! Just read my quote by the biggest baller I know Joel Deroche! Ohio can back me on that! I mean he's so much of a baller he has a jacket made of silver 100 dollar bills! Thats gangsta!!!
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-16-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
dude i get flack all the time for being a boarder..like i have my "lake friends" as we all know are down for the cause..and then ive got my "winter friends"..who are the guys that came to the lake one time in the summer, then couldnet get up and decided wakeboarding was gay..so then they give me shti about it because i have coordination and they dont...thats what i say as a "come back"..dont blame me for what god gave me! DONT HATE THE PLAYA HATE THE GAME!
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-16-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
yeah dude, that sounds like an excellent comeback. way to stick it to those thoughtless bastards.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-16-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
Most of the time being associated with the wake crowd is good but I don't always feel the love. I have had crank baits casted at me and a good number of my lake neighbors look at me like I have TB when they find out I wakeboard. Apparently some of them aren't too fond of the wakes and the loud music others blair.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-16-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
No one ever gives me crap about wakeboarding. Some do ask about drug use and the stoner image that is more and more associated with the sport.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-17-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
Who cares what anyone else thinks or says. Live your life and dont worry about the Tools in life...
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-17-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
My dad can beat up your dad. How bout that?
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-17-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
this thread sucks
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-17-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
The only thing I have heard is from skiers.... "If skiing was easy, it would be called wakeboarding"... It went something like that. Fisherman hate us.

(Message edited by cavlxenvy on October 17, 2007)
Old     (tmoney8)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-17-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
tell the dude that you like his golf visor and and post-career depression coming.... wake bro's 4 life! shaka!
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       10-17-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
at one of our local contests this year, on a river that is fairly heavily trafficked, we had trouble getting people to slow down while cruising by the course area. we told one guy his wakes were making it hard to wakeboard, and his comeback was "did you hear what you jsut said? the wakes are making it hard to wakeboard..." some people just do'nt get it.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
BG i think it goes something like this...."If you don't have 7 or 8 people hating on you, than you aren't doin things big enough" Quote by Joel Deroache
Old     (daverideswakes)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-17-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
I get glared at from people fishing all the time, but none of them have had the balls to say anything. They wouldn't have much ground to stand on, since I start early and beat them to the spots I like to board at. Don't like my wake? Well I was here first, so feel free to fish elsewhere.

I've only seen someone try to ruin a wakeboarder's day once. My dad was trying to learn backside surface 180s and he caught a heelside edge and took a really hard fall. Some rental pontoon boat full of 50-somethings started pointing and laughing, with some young children on board no less. What great role models they are.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-17-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
Around our River, the fishermen pay us back by coming up behind us at 65MPH all jacked up and riding squirrly, then jumping our wake just missing the rider... so I guess it is equal... I throw a big wake on them while they are fishing then they mess up the water for me while ridind...
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-17-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Webb, get a pic of that if you can with the number's on the fishing boat, then give the pics to the water cops. In most states they have to be 100' back.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
nothing gets me more heated then when some JACKA$$ comes flyin up right behind someone riding...that's not equal to me throwin a nice roller in your direction and your BOAT taking on a bit of water...when you do stupid stuff like almost clip a rider or drive around right behind someone in tow you're putting their life at risk...that's not an equal trade...thats stupididty...mayeb it's just me
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       10-17-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
That's what they invented air horns and middle fingers for.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-17-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Other than a few random fisherman, no problems here, just all positive stuff. Well, except my friends that give me crap because I spend a bunch of time on the boat, and it does not look like I work, or even have a job or responsibilities. Sucks to be me!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-17-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Most of the people that complain around here are a bunch of blue hair yankee bastards that think they can move here and then run the show. We are over run here with Margarets, Howards, Ediths and whatever else they name em up north. Thats why we have gators and mosquitos here. They control the yankee population by eating them or giving them malaria.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
Just beat the crap out of them and leave them lying in a pool of their own blood. That will shut'em up. If that doesn't work beat up their girl friend then mother.
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-17-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
Some guys just give all of us a bad name. It's the guys that intentionally bother other people on the lake. Or how about some of the guys on this forum that say other boarders are posers if they can't pull inverted tricks. It's in every sport. There will always be that 1 guy that ruins it for others.
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-17-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
forget about them and just do what you do best
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-17-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
just look at the skiers and say "wow you know how to ski!!! That was really popular in the 70's" and just smile as the chicks on your boat crack up.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2007, 4:01 AM Reply   
This is an issue most of you will grow out of.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
Tackleberry...that is awesome! In Az, the skiers that give us resistance wear socks with crocks!

Lookin forward to making it out to some events next summer with family.
Old     (ega6)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-18-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
Buck em dude, if somebody gives you crap when you see them sitting still ride by and "fall" so that the driver can cut a HUGE A double up and send tons of rollers there way.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-18-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
Why knock skiing? Its the sport that created wakeboarding. I do both and enjoy both alot. Can't say that I am ashamed of it, nor would I ever knock someone for doing something they obviously enjoy. If someone gives you slack, f'em but their is no reason to be put yourself in the same category.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       10-18-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Never lower yourself to their level, take the high road, chalk it up to envy.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-18-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
I would buzz by there boat and do the biggest powerslide on earth, just spray them down!!!!