Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-11-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
I can do it 1 wake. When I take it wake to wake I seem to get pulled a little off axis during the handle pass and then I over rotate causing me to slip out and land on my butt every time. Anybody have any ideas? This is not a big deal trick but its something I have been putting off far to long.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-11-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
you're pulling too early to blind...wait a little bit longer then give it a little tug...are you trying to land blind or pass?
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-11-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
This trick took me forever to learn for some reason. Now I have them dialed and it's one of my favorite tricks to throw.

I would always get pulled over and land on my butt too. It just took lots of repetition to get the body position correct. When I was first learning them I would just switch the board around and ride wrapped in the trough to get the feel for how I needed to be looking and body position. This really helped me a lot. The other thing that helped was just throwing it super late. Get a nice controlled pop then on the way down pull the handle and spin. When you land make sure you're looking the same way you do when you practicing riding wrapped. I would make the mistake of looking towards shore or the boat which would bring the board around more. I try to look back and down at the water.
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       09-11-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
The thing that really corrected this for me is to look for the takeoff wake before i initiate the spin... once i see it I start to pull the handle into my back hip... also dont look over your back shoulder, ur head will geat ahead of your body and u will kind of wind up and get off axis... I try to look between my feet at the ts edge. Hope that helps.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-11-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
how hard is to do a ollie BS180, i want to try it.
are the falls bad?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-11-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
David....slow the boat down and just ollie them! I can get around but I keep landing wrapped, I forget to pass the handle. I can usually spin it back around but sometimes I will catch the heel edge. It doesn't hurt too bad while going slower.

I need to try these w2w...soon
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-11-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
david i started out with the ollie bs180's before i moved to the 1 wake attempt. Like Jeff said, so long as you slow the boat down on your first few tries its not so bad.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-11-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
Luke,

Try Grabbing them at least a quick slap, this will make you wait until your in the air to rotate.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-11-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
Like jr said u have got to wait. After you make the pass and start to finish the rotation look straight out 90• from the boat. On the delta we say look at the levy. Get your weight over your toes more so when you land you ride straight into the flats.