Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-06-2010, 11:53 PM Reply   
WIth the threads about the boat ramp and lauching I figured it was time to post this. Plus I had to take time get over it. You always here the stories about the family trying to launch or load the boat and the husband and wife yelling at each other. Well, it finally happened to me. I have always done the whole thing myself, backed the boat in, tied it up, park the truck, back the trailer, load the boat drive away. We live in a private community with our own ramp so there is never anyone waiting and I am pretty quick about the whole thing. I had been teaching my wife to load the boat on the trailer at my parents lake house. Long no wake cove, no wind, no traffic, no docks or anyting to avoid. And she was doing really well. Our private ramp for our community is in open water by the damn docks on each side, and you feel the full force of the wind.

We had spent the whole day out with friends, I go to back the trailer in, when I come back the boat is not at the dock and my friends are walking up. I see my wife, alone, in our boat making the circle. The wind was blowing and the lake was busy. I wade out the end of the trailer knowing this isn't going to be good. She comes in no where close to lined up with the trailer. She reverses out, turns to the left, puts it in gear. I can see she is not watching the rear of the boat. So I start yelling at her, "Watch the rear!, You're gonna hit the dock! STOPPPPP!" At that point she freezes up, throws hands up, some how misses the dock just barley. However she did not miss the barge that was parked on the other side of that dock. I heard it smack and then saw the hole above the rub rail. Looking back I thought I would be mad. It was like I had just watched someone run over my dog. I just sat down on the the trailer like a pouting kid with my head down. I wanted to cry I think..hahaha. I finally got here to put the boat in neutral and I had to swim out to her becuase she was aftraid to come close to the dock. Talked to the fiberglass guy, he said put a sticker over it and brind it in when I have the time to give him a few weeks to fix it. This happened the weekend before July 4th weekend. BTW!

Anywho, here's the pic.
Attached Images