Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    orock1            08-11-2003, 11:47 AM Reply   
I just got a patent on a wakeboard binding that holds lubricant and has a pump(like the reebok shoes)that injects the lube into the boot. Liquid force said they were interested but i wanted to see what everyone thought.
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-11-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
I would be concerned about the following;

- Does it add weight/size to the binding?
- What are the odds that it will accidentally release lube in the boot while riding?
- Would this add cost to a binding that already costs alot?
- Would the design result in weakening the binding so that it might tear easier or malfunction?

My Opinion - Squirting a little binding lube in my bindings before entering the water is not that big of a deal. I would probably not buy the product. On another note, if you can find a way to create and sell a binding slime for less than $8 for a little bottle I'd definately be interested.

Good luck on your patent. Just because I'm not into it doesn't mean that thousands of others aren't. Hope it takes off for you. Mike
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-11-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
pump bindings are a pretty good idea to further customize the binding to your foot but integrating the slime is kinda dangerous for the rider.

what about bindings that start kind of inflated then you release air so the binding sucks around your foot? if the suction was good enough, you couldn't get your foot out no matter how hard you tried.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
Collective Development has bindings that should be available, if not already, than very soon that have a pump very similar to the Reebok pump. I rode in them and really liked the way they performed.