Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    boozcruz33            08-08-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   
Here are a few facts I picked up from my local boardshop about the 2004 Hyperlite products:

1. The 2004 Byerly will not be offered in a DNA core. I guess this couldn't be done with the cutouts in the side. The 137 is the black one that everyone has seen and the 142 is a very dark purple color... supposedly pretty sweet. Other Hyperlite boards will still be offered in DNA. Pricing for the Byerly will remain the same as previous Biolites.

2. A few other bindings will have the BOA system... even ones from Jobe.

3. Murray's bindings will have the BOA system in the back and laces on the bottom. The laces are made so they can be set once and then don't need to be adjusted every time.

4. The overlays on the Byerly bindings are changing (just color changes), and there are some other minor changes. There will be a small "achilles" cup by the heel to hold the foot better. The dial on the BOA system will also be slightly larger. I also believe that all Hyperlite bindings are getting slightly thicker footbeds.

I also picked up some other information, but I can't remember it right now...
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2003, 5:58 AM Reply   
The actual BOA system is being re-designed due to reliability issues with water.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
the colors on the byerly boards are the same...dark purple. almost pearlescent. skulls on top are slightly different and bottoms are both different. graphics are dope on both bottoms. jib base on both. also two or three different bindings coming out. murrays new board the tenet i believe, a pro model premier with slightly different tip and tail. new premiers will be offered in a 143 also. a board called era, and more will all be seen soon.

(Message edited by otiswunguy on August 09, 2003)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2003, 9:28 PM Reply   
here is a pic.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-09-2003, 11:10 PM Reply   
Here is some Premier info: http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2003/hyperlite6.asp
Old    boozcruz33            08-10-2003, 3:26 AM Reply   
That's cool, I didn't realize the 137 Byerly was the same color... always looked black in the pictures.

I believe that Murray's new line will be called the Temet... some reference to the Matrix and when the Oracle is talking to Neo.

I also believe that the Era is Ruck's board... basically the same as last year's Premier.

Anybody seen the new Byerly bindings? I want to get an idea of how large the new BOA dial is. These were posted on Ebay a few days back... so I assume they are 04's...

Dave, I assume it is OK to post these now? Please delete the picture if it isn't...
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2003, 5:12 AM Reply   
that one definately should not have been posted. it was probably e-bay with the stolen 2004 parks boards.
Old    mike_mike            08-10-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
who cares if they are posted we are going to see them anyway
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
oh, i don't mind, but don't be surprised if "THEY" track you down.
Old    peter_griffin            08-10-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
they look like painted O3's to me.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-10-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
http://chris.wakepics.com/04_byerly/

2004 byerly.

I've ridden it, and it pops about the same as the 02/03 byerly however when you edge, it grips much harder, i think this is due to the way the cutouts act as super big fins.
Old    dju            08-10-2003, 10:07 PM Reply   
They are selling those bindings at the local shops in Seattle, they can sell them but not post the pictures?

-DJU
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-11-2003, 2:46 AM Reply   
boarder magazine in Australia has the full hyperlite range printed, in the new seasons gear guide, it came out 2 weeks ago. Thet also have all new lf, obrien, jobe, cwb and others.
Old    boozcruz33            08-11-2003, 3:56 AM Reply   
Can you scan the magazine and upload some photos?
Old    chase            08-11-2003, 4:42 AM Reply   
Has anyone actually seen the new Belmont bindings? I need to see them to know if I want to wait for them or go ahead and buy the Byerly's. Thanks!
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-11-2003, 5:09 AM Reply   
does anybody know when I will be able to purchase a Byerly 137?
Old    av8roc            08-11-2003, 5:34 AM Reply   
Chase I heard they arent making the new Belmonts in "ultra-mini" so I guess your outta luck
Old    chase            08-11-2003, 5:42 AM Reply   
I don't need them for my....um...er....nevermind! Shut up, Sean!
Old    trickskisrock            08-11-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
don't know about the 04 belmonts but Murray was riding his new signature Temet bindings at the backyard tour this weekend. They looked real similar to this years belmonts but they had used the BOA ratchet system from last years byerlys. The cord looked a lot thicker though than the thinner wire used last year with the BOA.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2003, 3:51 PM Reply   
I heard the 2004 Belmonts have lace ups for the bottom half of the bindings and Boa system for the upper half of the binding. So you can tighten up the bottom real snug and then tighten the top separately.

I am not a huge fan of the Boa system, Seems like over enginering to me, more chance for something to fail, which I have seen first hand on my buddy's Byerlys. I just wish they went with 2 sets of lace ups. One for the bottom and one lace up you could tighten separately for the top half.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2003, 5:47 PM Reply   
The Hyperlite reps were out at the Boarder's Paradise season finale yesterday in Sacramento, and they had just returned from the factory the previous day with almost all the new gear. They had all the new decks: Byerlys, Premiers, Tenets (Shaun's), Ruck's ERA (the old Premier), and new Gate skate, and the new graphics on the Parks and TFDs. They had all the new bindings except for Shaun's, which I believe also will be called the Tenet, and I understand it is as people here have described it. Pretty much everything that has been said so far is accurate, although I felt the new Byerly rode fairly differently from last year's. I was allowed to ride the Byerly 142 for my contest pass, so I at least got to take 8 or 10 cuts at the wake on it. It was different - a bit surprising in several ways. I liked it pretty well considering I was riding it cold in a contest format. I'll write more about it later and give some impressions if people are interested. Another kid rode the new Premier for his contest pass, but I didn't talk to him about it. So anyway, I guess we don't have to play spy games anymore, because the product is out there.
(P.S.) Big ups to the NorCal Hyperlite reps for being super, super cool, patiently answering everybody's questions, and really going the extra mile.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-11-2003, 9:08 PM Reply   
Hillard with his new toys...

Old    chase            08-13-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
The new Temets! (belmonts)

temet

Beat ya to it Shane!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-13-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
Damn...I didn't realize Hillard was from the west side!
Old    xtremebordgurl            08-13-2003, 1:56 PM Reply   
I like the looks of the new skate...