Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (amstutz27)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-14-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hey I just took a job in Columbus and won't be able to make it up to my cottege much this summer. I know that the Scioto River is a great place to board, and I was just look for some people to board with. Anyone interested?
amstutz_27@yahoo.com
Old     (immjg4)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-14-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
Hey Jon. You got a boat down here? I'm in Columbus and boatless.
Old     (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       05-14-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
I am fairly new to the area also and have meet some really nice people here on wakeworld and have gotten out a few times. My boat is still in Florida but Ill be heading down for a family reunion next weekend and bringing it back.

Coming from Florida's warm water to a brisk 55 degree water a few weeks ago is a bit of a shock but it is tolerable in a wetsuit. (Dry suit is on me Christmas list.)

Ill point some of my new friends to this thread and feel free to email me and we can hook up for a ride when I get my boat up here next month.

geogilbert @ gmail.com
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-15-2007, 5:25 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I ride in Columbus about two days a week sometimes more. I have a regular crew and frequently invite additional guests, you never know when you need a third:-) I start off from the Scioto Boat Club on Griggs.

We wakeboard, wakeskate, and sometimes hydrofoil. I also wakesurf quite a lot, nearly every outing.

I'm also organizing the second Scioto Wakefest at the boat club the weekend after the 4th of July. http://www.sciotoboatclub.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=997959&module_id=1 9576

If you'd like to ride with my crew some time grab my email from my profile and drop me a line.
Old     (1gixxer)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
I am in Columbus and have a Supra. I mostly go to Griggs on the Scioto River. I usually have room. LBA201MPH@AOL.COM is my email.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-15-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
Cejay, I think I've seen you out there, is that a 21SV. I'm the red Centurion.
Old     (1gixxer)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
Yep the Orange 21v is me. I see you guys throwing a sick wakesurf wake off that Centurion. You also hydrofoil? I have a ski sky. I am just trying to learn it better. Stop by when you see me out. BTW great job with wakefest. Looking forward to this years.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-16-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
Some times I bing Kevin K. with us and he foils. Kevin used to bare foot and foil professionally. I've ridden the foil a few times, it's like Mr. Toad's wild ride, I'm all over the place.
Old     (amstutz27)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-16-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
No I don't have a boat I looking for a ride.
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-21-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
I'm also in Columbus with no boat looking to get a pull from time to time. I occassionally work a little late into the evening, but if anyone is in need of a third, shoot me an email.
Old     (lanzo)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-23-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Cejay - I think we saw you out tonight on Griggs? You looked to have a big crew. Perfect night for boating.

I was out with a friend in an older Mastercraft Maristar with a Monster tower.

Also saw Ed out in his Centurion.

I'm also looking forward to Wakefest this year...
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-23-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Cejay was rocking a major wake. We were set up for wakesurf and really got rocked.

Brent, Michelle and Bill
Upload
OK we were rocking too.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (1gixxer)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
Yeah I was out Wednesday. The weather has been nice so I had a lot of people call to go out. I usally dont have that many out. Jon and his brother came out, they were rippin it up. It was all in all a good day. Ed has that surfing wake down pat, looked pretty sweet.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-25-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
Ohio has its own forum at www.midwestwakeboarder.com

Sorry for the spam but is up to you guys (dealers, riders, event organizers) to take the OH page and make it your own.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-25-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
The 2007 Wakefest T-shirts just arrived! Keep July 7th and 8th open.
Upload
Upload
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-25-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
Would have loved to sponser that event ^
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-26-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Mike, The event is July 7-8. I have you're web site URL on the the event flyer and have posted on your web site.

You suggested donating Midwest Wakeboarder T shirts some time ago. Let me know if there's something you want to do.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-27-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
Will send shirts down for sure, not quite sure how to handle colors and sizing other than to just mostly L and a few XL, if anyone wants something different we can exchange it.

Please drop Gordon a line with shipping info.....

Gordon@midwestwakeboarder.com

Happy to help!

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-27-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
That would be cool, I’d be love to award Midwest Wakeboard T-shirts at Wakefest. As far as the event T shirts go, I have to have one T with the USA Wakeboard/Water Ski logo for every entry. I bought 120, we've planned for up to 100, but expect something more like 60 to 80.

At the end of the competitions make cash awards, we'll award trophies, and then we’ll randomly award sponsor prizes. We have cash awards for Outlaw Wakeboard, Advanced hydrofoil, and Advanced Wakesurf. Non cash award division entries will be automatically entered in to a random prize raffle. We’ll award sponsor prizes to these non-cash divisions. Prizes include three wakesurf boards, a Hyper Light wakeboard, a Fly High fat sack, and so on. This year we have some Vert stickers and Vert Clothing T shirts. We’ll award these T Shirts and your Midwest wakeboard T’s along with the rest of the prize booty.

Again thanks for the support. I'll email Gordon. I’d be happy to put your logo and link on the Scioto Boat Club web page. I’ll also ask Gordon if he has something that I can post up.

More Wakefest information is available at the Scioto Boat Club Wakefest web page. This is a new web page, I'm still learning to use it so bear with me folks. The web page is at: http://www.sciotoboatclub.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=997959&module_id=1 9576