Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (phunnel)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-16-2007, 11:23 PM Reply   
Hey guys, i'm looking at a 95 sanger dlx and wonder how much weight is really needed for a good wake for boarding and surfing. The boat comes with 2 260lbs hidden sacs (one in the rear storage and on in ice chest) and 2 350lb sacs on either side of the engine. My concern is how much of a pain in the ass moving around the boat will be with the sacks on the sides of the motor. Are there any alternatives to ditch the engine sacks and weight the rear more?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-17-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
Get some lead if possible.... I had the built in ballast in my old DLX. It was supposed to be 400 lbs under the back seat. I added 300 lbs (lead) to the rear in the flip open hatches. Then I added a 400 sack under the floor in the front (through the ice chest hole and a long locker sack), then another 200 lbs of lead under the front seats. The wake was excellent.
Old     (phunnel)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-17-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
hey man thanks for the response...do you have any pics of that setup by chance? did you fill the ballast or just use the lead in the back? i'm debating on a v210 or the dlx, the dlx is a bit cheaper but i love the seating of the v210, but if i can make a decent wake in a dlx i could live with that
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-17-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
I weight my boat a little different than Evan did. I have a 2001 SangAir.

I have the internal ballast under the back seat (320lbs approximately), but in addition to this I run 650lbs of lead bricks along the sides of the engine (325lbs per side), a 500lb sac in the bow (Not all of the way full), a 500lb sac behind the engine and a 200lb sac in the rear locker.

I like the lead bricks on the sides of the motor because it leaves the walkways clear when moving around the boat. I used to run fatsacs along side of the engine as well as behind the engine, but this really made the boat congested.

I did re-prop my boat when I started running this much weight in order to get up on plane a little more quickly.

No complaints about my wake so far, but in my opinion, it isn't quite as nice of a wake as the V215 and X-Star wakes that I also ride behind on a regular basis.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Rob's set up works great. When I had my DLX, I finally just gave in and put in the fat seat so I was not dealing with the sacks on either side of of the engine, and still had a good seating position. When it was just three of us, I would add a 350lb ski locker sack to the trunk and a 250lb sack in the bow.