Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (jcurtis)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-22-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
Picked up yesterday, rode the river last night...love it, now I need, tower speakers, pp and a new ACME, any suggestions on prop? I dont plan on weighting it down too muchUpload
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-22-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
nice boat! congrats and enjoy it!
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-22-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
Nice! Let me know if you ever need a third.
Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
Joe, Contact Bill Weeks <bweeks@acmemarine.com> or 1-888-661-ACME. Let him know exactly what your after and what your primary use will be. Wakeboarding, sking, barefooting if top speed is important. Also let him know if you'll be weighing the boat as well (sacs.) He will then suggest a prop that will suit your needs. There is no prop that will do everything. But he will suggest one that works great for what your primary use will be.

(Message edited by wakemann on June 22, 2007)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
If you do decide to weight it, you'll need to run heavy in the rear on that boat. A buddy of mine had one, and after trial and error, the best wake performance came from running a 550lb sack on either side of the motor, and no more than 550lbs in the walkway. The wake is a little rounded at the top, but it gets big, and is very forgiving.
Old     (jcurtis)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-22-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
wakeman, already in contact with Bill, thanks....

Cliff, I dont surf, so would a couple hundred pounds on each side of the motor work?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
I'm not sure I understand?

The setup I described is for wakeboarding.

If you did want to wakesurf, you'd just need to move the sack in the walkway into the seating area either to the left, or to the right, depending on regular or goofy riders. That boat, with five or six people in it, puts out a huge wakesurf wake.
Old     (jcurtis)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-22-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
I thought you meant on either side, but you meant each side...I want to plumb balast over the winter, what type of kits are out there and where can I get them, thanks