Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-03-2004, 9:52 PM Reply   
What is everyones opinion on this boat? My Avalanche is pretty much a done deal being sold. I am in the market for a new boat and looking to spend 35 to 40K. What would you get? We manily wakeboard, has to be a v drive, and about 21 feet.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-04-2004, 5:18 AM Reply   
Rod, glad to hear you are considering another Centurion. I have been very happy with my Hurricane. The Avalanche is there flagship wakeboard boat (other than the Enzo) so the wake will be different than what you are used to. I love my wake and does all I need it to do, but to you may be different. Why not buy another Avalanche. I always look at www.traderonline.com for prices and such and have seen some good pricing on 2004 Avalanches.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-04-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
Lance,
The reason I dont want to purchase another avalanche is because of the tower. Everytime I take the boat out I have to put the tower on and take it off completely. I stroe my boat in a garage but the tower is too tall folded for a standare garage door height. Dont get me wrong the boat is great, I woud just like a smaller one that isnt going to take so much time to get ready for the lake and take appart after the lake. As it is now I have to take off the tower speakers, tower mirror, swim platform ( dont mind that) and the entire tower. Its just too much of a pain to me.
Old    tommyj16            08-04-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
How is the wake on the avalanche- I am looking to buy one.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-04-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
Rod so get a new Avalanche with no Tower installed, then have the dealer install one that will fold flat.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-05-2004, 5:03 AM Reply   
Rod that would suck having to take off the tower everytime. That almost takes the fun out of it.

I do like Kevin's idea!

Here is a Lightning that I think looks awesome.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
Well guys thanks for the input. The avalanche is gone so now im on the quest for a new smaller boat.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-05-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
Sanger V210
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2004, 9:44 PM Reply   
Sanger is the best value.
MC/CC/BU are all good.
Supra is good too.

Nothing else would be on my radar.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-05-2004, 10:27 PM Reply   
Rob,
I have a 03 Elite V with Air Warrior package (pretty much same boat as hurricane) and I love it. Has been a great boat and throws a great wake IMO. However, I would caution you on the tower height. I am having a house built and the garage was already framed the standard height (7'). After dropping my tower and cranking the boat to the lowest point, the damn thing still wouldnt fit. It missed by less than an inch so I had them reframe it to an 8' opening. The garage is 22' deep but Im a little worried about the length. I think it will go in at an angle though (I HOPE).

Goodtime mentioned Sanger V210. I had my choices narrowed down to these 2 boats and obviously went with the Centurion. V210 is a great boat and Ive heard throws a good wake but it seemed a little on the small side compared to the Centurion. Good Luck
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2004, 4:46 AM Reply   
Gnelson,
Thanks for the height info. I went to the centurion dealer last night and measured the tower height and your right, it wont fit height wise in my garage. Now Im down to the sanger v210 or v215. I do have a local dealer willing to make me a killer deal on his demo nautique 210 team edition, but its a lot more than I really want to spend.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
Yeah my boathouse door is an 8' openging. Rod did you ask your dealer abot buying one without a tower? Are you considering new or used?

I saw a Centurion Avalanche last year that had a Titan tower and it looked sweet as hell. I thought it looked better than the Proflight to be honest.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
Im looking at both new and used. Not to put down used boats but id like to purchase new because you never know what your getting when you buy used.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-06-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Lance and I have both mentioned putting a different tower on a Centurion If you are still interested in one. You have never responded to this idea. Are you against putting a different tower on a Centurion....Just curious
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
Im not too sure about putting on a different tower. I dont know whats involved and if my local dealer can get one without one. I would really like to buy one that already has it installed. I was looking at the hurricane/lightning because my centurion dealer has an air warrior sitting in his showroom, but it has the profilght tower on it.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-06-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
Let me assure you that your dealer if he wants to he can order a tower less boat.
If you have a good dealer they will be more than willing to mount a tower that
will work for your needs.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-06-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
Rob,
Sangers also use Pro Flight towers. You may be in the same predicament with them unless the boat sits a little lower which may be the case with a v210.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Rod, that was a good lookin avalanche you sold. Im going to be changing boat styles after this season and will be looking for a V that rides decent when tha water gets rough. Howd yours do??
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-06-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
The Cyclone, Avalanche and Enzo all have a great ride!
Lots of V in the hull. I was out in a Enzo and noticed it
had a Rampy wake compared to My Cyclone
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
Paul thanks for the nice compliments. As for the ride in rough water, its top notch. You can run through chop like its not there.
Gnelson, the sanger boats do sit lower in the trailer. This is a pitcture of my boat ant tahoe. You can see how high the boat sits.

Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-08-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
I love my 2003 Hurricane, the wake improved when I changed to a 3 blade Acme. I still think the boat is too tall for most garages. Get one without a tower & put a Monster on, it folds completely flat. We just did an install on my bosses boat & it was simple, if your dealer can't do that install I would shop elsewhere.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-08-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
Well guys the input has been great on what I should do. I already sealed the deal on a 2004 SAN demo with 20 hours on it. I got a killer deal, it was more than I wanted to spend but I had to go for it. Thanks again for the advice.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-09-2004, 6:02 AM Reply   
Post some pics of the SAN. Congradulations on your new boat.