Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (indykc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-24-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
Found a used 2003 Moomba outback at area dealer with only 56 hours. Any opinions on this boat as far as wakeboarding goes?? I see mixed reviews! Thanks
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-24-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
if it is a Outback V it will work fine, diirect drive not so well... You guys going through fremont?
Old     (indykc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-24-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
This boat is not at the fort but I like that dealership!! Just saw the boat on the net yesterday dont know what it all has in it ,tower on it I know it is known as more of a ski boat Id prefer a deeper boat but also want a good ski boat maybe even put a boom on to learn barefooting??
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-24-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
Nautique 211 is a good crossover

or an older Pro air or 2001
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-24-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
Check fremont, before I left to come to florida they had some screaming deals...it's worth a look

outback prob would be a good all around boat, but V-drive seating is just leaps and bounds better than a direct drive...whats your price range?
Old     (indykc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-24-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Thanks Nick I believe you commented on my last post also, I really dont know what im looking for?? Slalom ski big for some of us wakeboarding big for others. We have a cottage on winnebago [black wolf area] so I drive in circles in the bays all summer.I think a deeper v would be better,seating nicer but then again if it is choppy we are not going out any way!I would like a good used boat,at fort. last summer the salesman said there sold before they come in and was pushing new just take a 10 year loan!! I like to pay for my purchases so my range 15 - 20?k Today I was thinking about a day I took my kids out for lessons with Gordy on the river,at the end I drove and he gave us a show! Behind a old nautique I think? So how much boat do I really need???? Heading out for 3days on snowmobile so Ill check this again Sundy pm. Thanks Kevin
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-24-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
He use to run old hydrodyne, which my friend and I bought because of him, now we upgraded to a Supersport nautique...it was a 95' -- 380 hrs, new engine (old owner cracked the block) perfect shape and we paid like 18k for that.
If it is going to be a family type boat I would deffinately look for a V-drive, again the seating is amazing... I'll keep my eyes open but if its that good of a deal go for it
Old     (indykc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-24-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
The boat is at shipyard marine under brokerage boats. I just saw it and think I can get it for $23k?? Not going to jump at it time to start looking now while the lakes are icey!!!!
Old     (shipyard)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
Kevin, My name is Andrew and I am the service advisor at Shipyard Marine in Oshkosh WI. I am certain that the Moomba that you speak of is a boat that we have listed, however the website states that the boat is a v drive when in fact it is not. It is a brokered boat that we are selling for a customer that purchased a new Tige. Please feel free to contact us anytime to discuss any boats you see listed, or better yet stop in the store so we can talk about boats and the local water. I am a lifetime resident of Oshkosh and grew up on the water so i would love the chance to meet you the next time you are in town!! look forward to talking to you soon!!

andrew@shipyardmarine.com
www.shipyardmarine.com
920-232-9500