Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-06-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
I had to share here too.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/554464.html?1204864732
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-06-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
Fantastic Ed!! Congrats!!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-07-2008, 4:28 AM Reply   
Ed, I think you just brought a little piece of hawaii to the midwest
Old    surfdad            03-07-2008, 4:50 AM Reply   
What a great looking boat Ed, I know you'll be pleased with it.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-07-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
Welcome to the Enzo Owners Club Ed! Get ready for a whole new level of surfing!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-07-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Congrats Ed. You will love the wake it puts out. I have to admit, at first sight of "The Mighty Enzo" caption, I thought you got one of these: Upload Shows you were my head is at this morning..
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-07-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Thanks guy. Greg, that would truly be a mid life crisis vehicle.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-07-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
That's very exciting =]

I saw that it will be coming to ice breaker.. even more exciting!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-15-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
She's home!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/558001.html?1205634026
Old    surfdad            03-15-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
Congrats Ed! Cute story too.
Old     (t_mann)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-07-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Nice story. It is awesome to see people get so excited about a new boat. I hope it serves you well.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-07-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
Thanks Troy, I'm just a 48 year old kid, that's what I hear from my wife and kids anyway.

Well I did my spring cleaning this weekend. This is no doubt an annual event for most boaters. For me it takes the better part of the day. I’m beat afterward, but I just love crawling all over my boat and getting her ready for the season. It’s that much more fun with a new boat.

I started out pulling off the old TN numbers. Razor blades = Bad, hair drier = Good.

Then I washed the boat and waxed the side not in the morning sun. Then I waxed the inside of the boat, cleaned the wind shield and 303’d the vinyl. I got around to waxing the other side later.

I went out to the local hardware store to look for longer bolts for the !@#$^ Dbot racks. I can’t believe they fit every thing in the world except my tower. We have a really good small local hardware store, Roush Hardware. They are small outfit but have everything. Well almost everything. They had one 5/16, 2-inch Allen head bolt. I need four. They said they’d have new stock Tuesday, I’ll check tomorrow.

There’s a problem with the horn. I’m an electrical engineer and I’m sure I can find the problem, but I didn’t have a meter at home. No biggie. It looks like the PP display is funky too.

The teak looks like it’s never been oiled. I need to get some kind of cover for it. I removed the teak for sanding. I started getting ready to clean up the teak deck and didn’t have a table handy to work on. My saw horses were folded up in the garage, but standing right in front of me was my surf board shaping stands. I took a surf board off of the stands and put the swim platform there instead. I started off sanding with 120 grit but that was too slow so I tried 80 grit. Still to slow so I used 60 grit. Then after getting back down to wood with some yellow color I worked my way back up to 120 grit. I put about a 1/3 of a bottle of oil on the deck. It really soaked in. The problem is that I dropped my camera while getting ready to take pictures of the refinished deck. Teak is so forgiving. Teak looks so nice and it's easy to take care of. I did fix my camera today I'll post a picture of the clean up swim platform soon.

One of my crew bought a tower mirror for me. I installed the mirror with out any Dbot size problems. Thanks Jac.

A minor thing, but I also installed a fire extinguisher. It took me a while to decide where to put it. On my old boat I put it under the clamshell. In the new boat the batteries are in the way unde the clamshell. I mounted the fire extinguisher on the sub woofer board to the right of the captain’s chair.

I noticed for the first time that the Enzo has gas fill caps on both sides of the boat. I really like that. I also noticed that the boat has a built in tower anchor light, I like that too.

I loaded up the anchor, spare prop, throw life preserver, and other small gear. I forgot to load up bumpers and dock lines.

My spare tire and OH numbers came in today. I got black numbers with chrome outline. That should look good on a black hull. I’ve seen domed numbers for around $100. I got these for $40. They also cut some while Kokopelli figures for me. I’m going to place them in front of the Side Swipe outlets.

I’ve got a crew together for Saturday and man I’m ready to ride the Mighty Enzo surf wake.

I think I’m going to pull the carpet out and put down Gator Grip. I’ll probably remove the corner seat cushion behind the driver’s seat and put Gator Grip there. That way no one will need to walk over seat cushions to get to the swim platform. I was please to see a small strip is rubber on the transom just above the swim platform. That should keep dings down.

Cleaning supplies
Upload

Without exhaust outlets and the swim platform the stern just looks naked
Upload

My surfer dude Kokopelli will go near here
Upload

Opened up and aired out
Upload
Upload

Might as well charge the batteries
Upload

I played the CD left in the CD changer. Looks like I need to learn to like Blue Grass. Well At least I already like Leo Kotke
Upload

swim platform has turned grey
Upload

Surfboard stands who would have thought
Upload
Upload
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-08-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
Hey Ed - the shaping stands do come in handy for other things for sure.

Hey - did you ever mention -- what year is your Enzo?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-08-2008, 5:21 AM Reply   
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
It's looking good Ed! I also leave the corner cushion out of mine. Not only does it open up the walk way but it also discourages people from sitting on the dark side!
I kind of think you should pull the bat wing sticker off the side to clean up the look. The silverflake stealth stripe makes the tower look sweet and I think the black bimini would really pop without the sticker.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-08-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
Thanks Jason.

After work today I took my stickers over to the RV lot and put them on. I also took a picture of the cleaned up swim platform. It looks so much better now, a day and night difference for me.

Domed chrome and black boat numbers
Upload
Upload

Before and after sanding and oiling the teak
Upload
Upload

Here are my Kokopelli figures
Upload
Upload

On one side I wanted to recognize companies that have supported the AWSA events that I've organized. I only have stickers for Inland Surfer and the Walker Project. I should recognize Fresh Air Exhaust, Trick Boardz, Shred Stixx, probably more. I gave a little recognition to CBK for helping to put me in my dream boat. I'm also recognizing Only Inboards for bending over backwards to make my board rack order right.

Upload

I tried to put a Centurion sticker there but the sticker liked the backing better than the boat. I wadded it up and gave up. Too much wax on the boat?
Upload
Upload

I think I’ll keep the Batwing for a while. To be honest the Kokopelli figures haven’t grown on me yet. Neither have the event sponsor logos. If I pulled the batwing I think I’d want the big O’l block CENTURION letting, maybe.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-08-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Looks good Ed.

I'm thinking of removing my Cent Bat Wing Logo too. I have a metal flake tribal graphic that it covers up. Doesn't mess up the tribal too much, but would probably be cleaner looking without it. I like a clean look and debadge my cars for the reason.

Boat looks great. Talk to you soon.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-08-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Joe, the metal tribal on your boat is really stunning. It will look great naked.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-08-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
Great looking Enzo, Ours should be here this week, I'll post some pics, I am pretty excited to see the all white boat. The IS sticker look good !
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-09-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
i wouldny booger up the boat with all those stickers, it looks way better without them. i like the kokopelli sticker though... and great job on the teak deck
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-09-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
I suppose you don't like the NASCAR boats then?

It's no big deal, I can take them off. For this season I want to have them.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-09-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
hey ed,in the rear compartment on the sideswipe exhaust side, is there room still for an enzo sac?with the expansion part of the exhaust system going thru there?does it get hot?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-09-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
waterdog, I've turned the engine over but I haven't run it so I don't know if it gets hot. Since there’s wood and carpet all-round the SS I doubt that it gets that hot. I don't think Side Swipe is going to be a problem for Enzo sacks. I think that the Inland Surfer Enzos have SS and Enzo Sacks.

The SS hardware is protected by a trunk felt covered wood box. The boxed off area is maybe 6 by 6 and as wide as the v-drive lockers. Sure you might loose 16 pounds of displacement do to the SS but that's no biggie.

On my old boat I took pictures of every nook and cranny. I don’t have those pictures for the new boat yet and no picture of the SS yet.

I have three 750 FH sacks, two 400 FH sacks and some bag weight. I doubt that I will buy an Enzo sack. From what I’ve been reading all you need is 1,300 to 1,400 pounds to make a stellar wake.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
thanks show..ive just heard about it..havent seen a new one yet.totally agree on the 1400lbs is all ya need for the good wave on a enzo.congratulations on the new ride.shes hot
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-18-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Inland's new Enzo, no graphics yet, there in the works.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            04-19-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
That's a clean looking boat Jeff. Are you going to have a wrap done?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-19-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
Ya, that looks really clean, I bet Jeff is going to put a wrap on it. Almost a shame it looks great as is.
Old    surfdad            04-19-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Ed, do you understand the mechanics of a wrap? I've never seen the process, but have seen the results on cars, boats, etc.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-19-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
I think its just a preprinted heat shrink, not to different than the winterization wraps. I could be way off.

I've seen local outfits that do about the same for local businesses, florists, plumbers and so on.