Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            10-23-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
Im going to add a Video Screen/Screen's to my boat. I saw this some time ago and thought it was a cool Idea. Im thinking of putting one screen on the pasenger side in a new mirror. with the Boss mirror mount Arm and installing a second one behind the drivers side existing mirror. So the boat would now have 2 mirror's
does any one have screens in there boat? what do you like or dislike about the type of screen /player you have, Here is a Photo of what im talking about

What are people using for DVD players. I know you can use a Play-station or X box but I wanted to stick to just a DVD player for ease of use just load a DVD and push play and no power inverter ect Thanks
Old    whitechocolate            10-23-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
I want to use a 6" or 7" inc wide screen, any suguestion's
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-23-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
Grant,
Why mess around with the little stuff? We all know that you are just warming up to installing a 65" wide screen!
Seriously, I think it would be awsome for rider video playback but would you be using this for DVD playback?

Duane
Old    whitechocolate            10-23-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Duane: you are way to Serious. Rider "Playback"
I was thinking more like playing, DVD's Like. "All or Nothing" "Boom Box" and Snoop Dogg's Girl's Gone Wild.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-23-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
Grant, you had better sell some more cleats mang! Save video time for the couch. LCD's in a wakeboard boat frustrate me! Thats my 2 cents. Good luck with it though!!
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-23-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
As there is no roof over a boat isn't there going to be a problem with glare on the screen.

It would be great for evening/night sets but I would think you would need to come up with some type of glare shield for day use.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-23-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Clarion has a 6 disc CD/DVD with c-bus connection. Supports multiple monitors and has wireless remote. Runs about $550.

Clarion VCZ625 6 DISC DVD/CD/CD VIDEO/MP3 CHANGER
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-23-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
You can get very inexpensive DVD's with anti shock on ebay for less than $150. As far as screens, get the widescreens and make sure you are getting as bright of screen as possible. Go for higher resolution and highest brightness. Also, some offer anti glare screens as well. All of this is important in an outdoor environment.

Ebay is still probably the best place for deals, you just have to search through all of the crap in the monitor department.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-23-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   
An lcd screen on a boat is pretty much going to be unvieweable. I have tried and tried to use mine outside, and the glare and sun washes out any clear picture. Save your time and money. The only way to see it would to put a huge shroud over it so it blocks out all light getting to the screen.
Old    whitechocolate            10-23-2003, 1:21 PM Reply   
Hey Troy: The Clarion that your talking about have you used this in a boat? I wonder if it would work the the stock remotes on the Marine unit??

Im not woried about glare It seem's theres not much that can be done about that. It's an outside enviorment,I will have to deal with it. If there is a screen that is brighter than any other screen that's good advice and Ill look around do you have any suguestion's as far as what screen work or are better than others
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-23-2003, 1:36 PM Reply   
Because it is the C-Bus hook up it will only work with the new XMD3-RET head unit. (as far as marine units) Thats the standard unit on the 2004 Nautiques. The factory wired remote will controll it no problem. Also, you can have mutiple changers (if you already have one) and configure the head unit and remote to control both of them.

I have not used this unit yet and I am no expert on this (or any for that matter) subject. I recently asked all these questions to various clarion stereo guru's and thats the info I received.

Troy
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-23-2003, 2:06 PM Reply   
Grant,

I posted this a few months back.....the guy said that these screens are much better than anything you've seen in most car stereo applications.

I was out finishing up the install of my Monster Tower on the street in front of my house a couple weeks back and a guy stopped to say hi. Turns out he was one the guys that helped start out Wake Designs and he lives around the corner....small world! He was telling me about his new biz that he as running.....it's these super bright LCD screens that are designed for Marine applications. They are bright enough to see in direct sun light and have water proof housings. They seemed pretty sweet.....and some of you guys w/ your fancy smancy stereo systems may want to check them out for a little more bling bling on your ride!

The website is www.bluecubelcd.com. I told him I'd through out his addy on here so if anyone is interested could see the new schtuff.....

Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       10-23-2003, 2:37 PM Reply   
Grant,

Here's the link to that audio system.

http://www.rtaudio.com/install/installShowThunderBody.html
Old    whitechocolate            10-23-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
Greg: yes I have the Link. That system is Awesome.
The outside of the boat seems some what dated. That boat has lost all it's function, I would be afraid to actually use if for wakeboarding, It's a Awesome display boat. I heard they took down the Woffer from the tower,

Levi: I talked with Jason from Blue Cube" (cool Guy) they don't yett make the smaller screen 6 and 7 inc screen. The smallest they make is 10 inc. He could custom make a Screen for me it would cost quite a-bit $$$$$, I would order 3 of them 2 for me and one for a friend. They specalize in these type of screens for outside viewing. "Very Bright" so outside viewing in direct sunlight and water won't be a problem So to make it worth his wile I would need to make a order for a few. Im thinking of a new business

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE. How much of a demand would there be for this type of Item. If I could put together a Mirror/LCD screen all ready to go with the screen already mounted in the mirror ect. And what you thought a fair price for this type of Item would sell for. Keep in Mind that regular cheep Car LCD screen's are around $350-400 and the Cipa Mirror is around $100 I wouldnt think you would be able to put somthing of High Quality together for anything under $500 my cost.

would people be willing to pay $600-800 for this Item.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-23-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
I would not be willing to spend that much money for such a small viewing surface. It seems like you can't really sit back, relax, and chill with a beer while watching that small of a screen.

Now if someone were to make say a 14" screen that slid out of either the observer's compartment or the driver's side console and into the open bow walkthru...now that would be something.

Hmmm, you know a crafty individual could probably even use some scrapped laptop screens for such a device.
Old    whitechocolate            10-23-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
Well You can get a 10" 12" 0r 15" in screen to fit on the tower, But they are going to be large and mount to a tower box ect and I dont know how sturdy they will be Everything I have seen is for Automotive and Mounts on the underside of the Headliner in a SUV. They look cheep and made for thin plastic and I dont know how many Doubble Ups they woud be wiling to take.

I think what Im talking about would be better because when it's not in use it is ot of the way stealth and dosent look like you have added extra equipment to your Boat
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-23-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
Bleyaaaach, there's too much crap on towers now as it is. Plus unless one covers their 'tower speaker/lcd screen box system' that thing will get beat up by the elements or targetted by nefarious type individuals.

I like your stealthy idea, but I think the smaller screens work in SUVs and the like because they are right in your face. Seems like there would be a lot more distance between the LCD and the viewer in a boat which would make the screen somewhat hard to see.
Old    whitechocolate            10-23-2003, 4:40 PM Reply   
The other thing I was thinking of was a larger screen 10- 15 inc under the passenger seet and when you flip the seet up the screen is there but if you underway you can't or wont want to have it up. The mirror mount seems to be the cleanest way yet. I havent conciderd of anywhere else., So its sort of a Take it or leave it thing I know the LCD are small 7 inc but I think it would work out way better than the larger screen's
Old    hockeyruss            10-24-2003, 5:28 AM Reply   
It kinda works, I set one up a few years and a few boats ago, had it worked in with a video camera on the tower so I could always see the rider. Glare can be a problem, but you could still see.
video
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-24-2003, 3:19 PM Reply   
We have a portable DVD player (7 inch screen)we take on the boat mostly to view instructional dvd to help the kids with new tricks. It can also be used to play back tape of how they are doing. No6t sure I would want to get any more high tech than we are now but it is nice to put a movie in on a lazy afternoon and chill over lunch and between rides.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-25-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
I have the Wakeboard Trakker setup for the camera on the tower. I then run a LANC cable to remotely control the video camera and a video/audio feed through the tower. I connect the LANC to a remote near the throttle and I connect the video/audio to a Legacy 7.2" LCD screen http://macworld.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=690645/ut=0cf79d071c838df2
The glare isn't as big of a problem as the heat. I have it between the dash and the windshield on the drivers side. I am going to create something that will help block the heat and help with the glare this winter. I hadn't thought of using a mirror for the mount.
Old    whitechocolate            10-27-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
Hey John: I see the Link for the Legacy 7.2" LCD screen , It looks like a Good Screen. And the price is "Very cheep". How do you like it? and You can run DVD's video's threw that screen right (sorry for the stupid question) This is my first Video Project. I dont care about A Video Cammera, I just want to play Video's
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-27-2003, 6:12 PM Reply   
I have not played a DVD but I have done playback in the boat of wrecks and other things from peoples sets that just finished. It was worked well for that. I wasn't going to spend the coin for something real sharp since I just need something for taping our sets behind the boat and it's worked great for that.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
Grant, if you are going to get that one, get it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3055425545&category=48 609

For a little more, you can get a much nicer screen. That Legacy is about as cheap as it gets with very low resolution and brightness. I know it doesn't make sense to spend a ton on something like this for a boat, but for another $50 or so, it can make a huge difference of seeing what is on the screen outside in the elements. Something to think about.

You can get much better resolution and brightness like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3054699574&category=48 609

Do a search on Lilliput. They are some of the best screens out there.
Old    whitechocolate            10-27-2003, 7:40 PM Reply   
Brent: Thank's I was thinking if I was going to do this I wanted to do it right, So getting a monoter that was not that bright but cheep would be a waste of time! Im glad John posted a link for that Legacy.

What should you look for in a LCD screen I have seen the ALPINE monotor's and they are going for like $400 are they worth it??

Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2003, 8:11 PM Reply   
No! They are way overpriced too. Here are some good sources for you.

For info: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=9

A top of the line screen: http://www.xenarcdirect.com/

Another good screen: http://www.digitalww.com/LCD_TM_7002S_BLACK.htm

The Lilliput's on eBay are going to be your best bang for the buck. Read through that message board and you will learn as much as you need to for screens.

Get an absolute minimum of 250 nits (brightness) and go for 400 if you can. Also, look for higher resolutions and stay away from non TFT screens.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old    wakesettermom            10-29-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
any of them have shrouds for shade on them?
Old    whitechocolate            10-29-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
I would assume that you could make a Visor to shad the Screen.
I saw a Wake Design's product brocure at Central Valley Marine, Today and they Wake Designs show a Monotor that mount's on the tower for Sale Hummm????? Ill take a look at there website
Old    keithf            11-04-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
Great info from the monitor experts! Thanks! While we have your attention, do you know of an affordable direct-sunlight-viewable unit? I know the technology is available, as it is found in high-end marine GPS/Radar units. Just don't want to spend >$1k to get a viewable screen.

On the shroud, here is a pic of the one I made using a cheap display a while back. Take a shoebox and a roll of black tape. Not the best on a $40k boat, but it works until some-one hopefuly locates a shroud.

Hope this helps! Keith.

Monitor with shroud and RAM mount
Old    whitechocolate            11-04-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
Brent (Captin) It's funny I was just looking at screen's tonight This project is just getting stsrted. What Do you think the best Screen is going to be for My install You say the. 'The Lilliput's on eBay are going to be your best bang for the buck. They look good and the price seems fair to me. What Is your opinion
Old    whitechocolate            11-04-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
And What do you think about these. A local shop "MONAEY" is selling these, He says they are the Best Screens out there Bla Bla Bla! What ya think They are very pricy 8" inc retail $999

http://www.icon-tv.org/
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
Those prices are a joke. Icon makes decent stuff, but the Lilliput screens are better for a fraction of the price. Funny thing is, Icon shows all of these awards but you can't find the specs on their screens anywhere. The proof is in the pudding. I don't think you can go wrong with getting one of the Lilliputs ebay. You know what the specs are and are regarded as some of the best screens out there. There are some anti glare/reflection coatings you can put on screens as well but I don't know if you can find that aftermarket. Something you can do some research on.

A shroud would probably help more than anything. Helps with sunlight and water protection. I would bet Taps Plastics in your area would make you something very cool for a cheap price. Get in in carbon fiber to match all the rest of your bling bling.

Let us know how it goes.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
By the way Keith, great idea on the shroud. It doesn't look half bad for cardboard! I don't know of any direct sunlight screens except for the blue cube ones that were mentioned at the start of this thread. I don't know anything about those or the price. Looks like they have a nice screen and then put anti reflective coating to make it work in sunlight.

This is the only other thing I have seen: http://www.xenarcdirect.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=UltraBright

If it were me, I would try and figure out what they do to that screen for $200 and try and do it on my own.
Old    whitechocolate            11-05-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
The Guy At "Blue Cube" who makes sunlight viewable screens says he add's a back light to the screen. So it will be able to be seen outdoors in the day time, I guess that's what they are doing for $200.00 Brent I was going to make a Removable Carbon "Sun Visor" somthing that cliped on/off. I will re read he post above and look for the specs to see if what Im looking at is good/bad. ICON make a 8 inc screen I think Pioneer is the only other one to make one but for me if thats the only diff its not worth the $$$ The screen didn't seem to be any better than anything else I have seen I didnt see a side by side comparison with the ICON vs the Alpine The store sell Alpine as well but they dont have them in the same room's sy you can t look at them side by side???? Humm I wonder why
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
There are other 8" monitors out there if you are interested in that. You could buy this one: www.dscustoms.com and just take it out of the shroud. It has pretty good specs and you could probably get it for $200. Forget the Icon, it is a waste of money.

This guy at DSCustoms knows his stuff. It might be worth emailing some of these companies I mentioned to see if there is anything they can do with their screens for the outdoors. I think the shroud is going to help the most.
Old    whitechocolate            11-05-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
Bret DC customs says they have no 8 Inc Headrest Style monotors. Im looking for a 7 Inc or * inc Head rest monotor with as little surrounding plactic as possable some 7 inc monotors have a thick frame with butons ect (looks like crap). Im looking for a Raw Monotor(no buttons on it) with Headrest plastic monting frame Any suguestons Sorry to keep asking for advice. Ill get it
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
The 8" was just an example. I was thinking maybe you could use the 8" that is in that dropdown monitor and take it out. Just go with the Lilliput!
Old    whitechocolate            11-08-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
Here we got Photo's here

http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/album10

Old    whitechocolate            11-08-2003, 6:17 PM Reply   

Old     (xstar_mike)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-08-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
Grant, any thought on integrating the LCD as a flip down screen within the Enzo box you are making? Just a thought, I have seen LCDs mounted in speaker boxes and it looks like a no brainer.
Old    whitechocolate            11-08-2003, 11:35 PM Reply   
lets see a photo of it.Im going to have 3 LCD's in my boat, I think that's enough. 1 in each mirror and 1 on the underside of the glove box, But it would be cool to see a photo of your Tower box with a LCD screen in it,

P>S you know whats a TRIP, it's 11:30 PM and Im in a Dance Club in San Francisco now, with some there wakeboard buddy's checking up on whats going on W/W
Old     (xstar_mike)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-09-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
It's not my speakerbox. I don't have one yet (waiting for you to finish the Enzo Box and start production, to sell to guys like me who don't have the tools or the time), but it was at Cope's in Rocklin, if you're in the area.

As for the LCD under the glove box, I always have people sitting there so it would be a pain to try to see that LCD. A flip down LCD from the tower would allow people in the back of the boat to see as well. Either way, it's a great idea and I can't wait to see pics of how it turns out.

As far as the Dance Club is concerned, thanks for the reminder that I have no life!
Old    whitechocolate            11-09-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
If you were intrested in adding a LCD Screen to your tower,I saw that Wake Design's was selling a Large 13-21 inch, Im not sure what size it was from the photo? But It mounted right to you'r tower with the Wake Designs clamps, Pretty cool.

As far as you having no Life? I don't know what's worse, You not going out or Me checking W/W while at a Night club, . And don't hold you breath on me making anything to sell, I would go broke
Old    whitechocolate            11-09-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
Im going to Install the Stock mirror back on to the New mirror/LCD screen mount. The stock mirror when closed is going to cover the 7 inc LCD screen. Kind of like the Vanity mirrors in your sun-visors, in your car. What Im looking for is some kind of Sprung hinge that will swing the mirror up and hold it there like a cabinet door.
Most Cabinet hinges don't swing 90 like I need this one to. So if any one know's of somthing that will work or some place to look?
Old    whitechocolate            11-09-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
Ill throw up a photo of the mount
Old    whitechocolate            11-09-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
Imagin a mirror covering this, What hinge could I use to swing the mirror up and hold it there? Thanks
Old    hockeyruss            11-10-2003, 5:33 AM Reply   
Do not pay a lot for the monitor (like over $150).
$999 is rediculous. I paid $335 for one in my truck just because it fit perfectly in the lower consol, the fabricated piece was worth the extra $200 to me.

(Message edited by hockeyruss on November 10, 2003)
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-10-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Personally I just take the laptop. I use it to mix up the music. Any requests can be played. Then if we need a little motivation we throw it up on the dash and watch a vid.
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-10-2003, 8:16 PM Reply   
Personally I just take the laptop. I use it to mix up the music. Any requests can be played. Then if we need a little motivation we throw it up on the dash and watch a vid.
Old    whitechocolate            11-12-2003, 2:36 PM Reply   
Ok Here is the latest Photo's It comming slowly.
I broke the Mirror (bad Luck) if you believe in bad luck! But It look's like its going to work out the way I want

Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-12-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
Looking very sweet! What monitor did you end up going with?
Old     (mcaddyman)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-12-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
HOW ABOUT THIS!
Old     (mcaddyman)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-12-2003, 3:20 PM Reply   
Old    whitechocolate            11-12-2003, 3:50 PM Reply   
Hey Brent I went with a Phoenix Digital 7 inc TFT
It has 340,000 DPI luminance 300cd/m2 $200 from E-bay.

Dave: thats a sweet setup, What did you make the front bezel that covers the LDC with?
Old    whitechocolate            11-15-2003, 7:08 PM Reply   
Ok I cut the backing plates that the Mirror will mount to out of Aluminum, And mouted them to the hinge's They swing up and out of the way Perfict, Here are some pic's

Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-15-2003, 10:47 PM Reply   
Grant,
Forget the boat manufacturer. Build your own boat! You got mad skills, Bro. What can't you build? Keep up the innovations.
Old    whitechocolate            11-16-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
Hey" Sideway's Thank's For the kind word's, I like sharing projects with people here on W/W, I have gotten some great info and been Inspired by many people here. There are lots of people doing cool stuff with there boats, It's just to bad they don't have a Digital cammera! Because I would like to see more stuff that they are making like "Travis" (wakeme.com)he's the man. It was cool how he made product and went into business.
Old    whitechocolate            11-16-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
Now my problem is the Mirror when flped up wont stay up. The slightest bump and the mirror slams shut. Then Cabinet hinge's aren't sprung enough to support the weight of the mirror and Aluminum mount. And it dosent look like I have any room for a small gas shock. Any Idea's

Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-16-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
Grant,
how funny, Travis and I go way back(Jr high). Yes, he is another with mad skills. He has many of his own suggestions for Calabria now in production on the 2004 models. Mad props to Travis on that. And he is always improving sumthin' like yourself. Travis, how about some stereo pics.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2003, 4:23 PM Reply   
The cleanest solution will be to super size the std springs I think.
Old    whitechocolate            11-16-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
Darren" What do you mean Super size the "STD" springs. The Hinges look like sealed unit's It dosen't look like they will come apart for up grades???
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-16-2003, 6:53 PM Reply   
Grant- Make it flip down instead of up.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
Surely what goes together comes apart? Get a bigger hammer! You might be able to get a couple from the manf unassembled?
Old    whitechocolate            11-16-2003, 7:43 PM Reply   
Ahhh, Flipping Down thats a Great Idea But It wont work as a Sun Shade then,??? The whole Idea Was to us the flip up as a sun visor. I have already e-maild Blum the hinge maker I asked them about a Bigger Spring!
Old     (htown)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-16-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
Grant,
That is awesome. You have mad skills.

To get it to stay up, you could get a locking hinge pin. Mount it to one of the interior sides of the mirror. You could route out about an 1/8" groove so the hing pin could fold into place.
When you lift the mirror, the hing will lock and you are set. I will try to see if I can find you a picture of what I am talking about. It is kind of hard to describe.

Great work though. Good idea and looks awesome.
Old    whitechocolate            11-16-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
Thank's Tim" Hey if you have a Photo of what you were talking about That would be great, Thank's Alot
Old    whitechocolate            11-17-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
Darren" I took your advice and took the hinge apart, Not easy but worth it. I found that there was a small detent On the hinge that kept the mirror open. I took a Dremmel tool and made the Detent much larger now the Mirror will stay open Like I wanted, I still would like some kind of Lock that would hold the hinge open no matter, Right now the hinges will stay open but if your were to be driving the boat and hit a good bump they would slam shut,
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-17-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
You could put a little 'arm' on the inside like many cars have to hold up their hood when it's open to work on the engine. You could route a groove in the wood to store it and it could lift up and hook into the mirror backing and hold it open for extra security. It wouldn't be as clean as solving the problem right inside the hinge, but it would take a lot of stress off the hinges if you bumped the units.
Old    kmickey            11-18-2003, 11:25 PM Reply   
Try this type of spring/hinge:
http://www.hinge1.com/spring.htm
Old    whitechocolate            12-01-2003, 5:18 PM Reply   
Hey Kmicky thanks for the Idea, I looked over thoes springs, I think I have it coverd. They will stay up on there own now. But Im sure they will flap down as soon as I was to hit a big bump. If I was to find somthing that looked better to the eye Then the springs you found I might do it but nothing there looked very trick so Foo-get-about-it" Here is the latest

Old    whitechocolate            12-06-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   

Old    norcal_99            12-08-2003, 5:53 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, Will I be able to watch Survivor and hold the flag at the same time next time out on your boat?

Holla Back G!
Old    whitechocolate            12-08-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
Sorry Rene no TV.
Old    norcal_99            12-08-2003, 10:11 PM Reply   
Oh rats, I was hoping to watch some boob tube in the off hour between sets.
Old    whitechocolate            12-11-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Carbon Fiber lay Up

Old    swass            12-11-2003, 1:11 PM Reply   
Grant, you have the most pimped-out boat I have ever seen!

Will you marry me?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-11-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
if you can find them get the sliders with the thumb screw tighteners on the side. so it will tighten down and lock into any position you want. they look like a very small ruler with a slot cut down the middle.
Old    whitechocolate            12-11-2003, 2:28 PM Reply   

Old    whitechocolate            12-11-2003, 2:34 PM Reply   
Hey, Its getting close. Im getting very excited. Working with the Carbon Fiber is cool. It unlock's a whole new list of things I want to make.

The photos above are the mirrors wraped in Carbon fiber and Resined and then coverd in Mylar to squegee out the air bubbles. Ill let it sit over night and remove the mylar, The I will do the back's of the mirrors
Old    swass            12-11-2003, 2:37 PM Reply   
Guess not.