Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-16-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
I noticed in this years Centurion brochure that they offered a wind damn. So I am looking for pics of the winddam that they use. Is it similiar to the malibu style or? I would like to add one to my hurricane. Any help would be appreciated.
Old    maverick_gear            02-16-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
it is a piece of white plastic and is very handy for cutting things.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-17-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
Chad let me know what you find out I would like to add to my Hurricane too.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-17-2004, 6:18 AM Reply   
here you go

1 piece of white plastic and 2 pieces of white plastic channel

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
Does anyone know where you can purchase. I have a 2002 Avalanche I would love to put that on.
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
I made my own Wind Block
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
When I bought my MC, I had a canvas top done, and it included a canvas airdam.
It simply snaps into place, and snaps to the fold-over window as well.
Its very effective and very simple. If one were so inclined, they could make one in a few hours, and choose the color too!
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-17-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
Grant how did you curve the plexi glass? Is that a sticker or sandblasted logo?
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
Sorry I didnt mean to be so Non discript, I didnt have the website link when i first posted you can go to my website link http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/album02
there is a "how to" showing you how to make what we are taking about if you have any more questions give me a shout
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-17-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
Grant, what did the rails cost you from Malibu? Was there any problem just ordering the rails from them? Thanks
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
I got the rails form a local Malibu dealer, I think I payed lie $30 for both rails, They orderd them no problem. Im sure any dealer can get get them, They are called wind block track's

Also there is a second set of windblock tracks, These windblock tracks are made to hold the windblock when its in its protectieve bag It holds the windblock when its being stored away be sure to know what tracks your asking the dealer to order
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
Yea those with a front snap on bow cover just has to snap the cover to the windshield which is how most order the cover when the get that done..

if not grants idea looks clean..
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Grant how much did this all end of costing you for your windblock??

Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
Rails $30
Plastic $45
To bend it $10

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
also the detailing of the graphic and also the fixing of your interiors apholstry where you cut it had to cost something other then time?

im curious because for a few bucks more you could have just had another front bow cover made with the extra flap on it to snap to the windshield which blocks the wind and keeps water out of the bow when not using it ..
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
Bill yes your right, The sticker my friend at www.astrographicsusa.com made for me, Cost 1 Caronna with Lime. And yes my time, That also cost. I am a illegal farm worker by trade and I get paid $5 a day so add $5 to the cost of the project.

As far as your Idea with the Bow cover yes thats a good Idea, But I already have one. BTW tower biminis made me a red bow cover for $250 Its nice but it seems like alot $$$ The wind block is a much cheeper than having a bow cover made
The bow cover works nice but I take it off as soon as we put the boat in the water,