Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-09-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
does anyone have an opinion on them? anyone ever dealt with them. I'm thinking of buying a boat from them that seems to be priced a little high, but i want to be sure that their service is good.
Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-10-2004, 4:13 AM Reply   
TTT
Old    wakeboarddad            02-10-2004, 4:28 AM Reply   
From personal experience, their service was awful. Many promises not kept, many excuses. I won't go back there again.

Lloyd
Old    jh26682            02-10-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
I'm more of an observer when it comes to message boards. With the Wake World board I've been an avid reader since I started the sport but in this situation I feel the need to voice my opinion about an excellent company. Lloyd, I'm really surprised to hear that about Mastercraft of Charlotte. I've purchased two boats from them in two years and I can honestly say I have always had a positive experience from sales to service. Since purchasing my boats I’ve gotten to know and be part of a large family of Mastercraft owners in the Charlotte area. Thomas I would love for you to email me and I’ll help you in anyway I can. I would have no hesitation about dealing with them when considering the purchase of your new boat!
Old    wakeboarddad            02-10-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
Glad you had a positive experience Jeff. For me, I gave them repeated opportunities to do right by me, and they consistently failed. When they got to the point of treating me like I was the problem, they lost me forever.
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
Lloyd, my buddy almost bought your boat last May. We were ready to travel from MO to pick it up but you lost the sale because you were unwilling to negotiate meeting us part way(We drive 10 hours you drive 4 hours). He had the check in hand and ready to buy. You had a great looking boat. In turn we drove the same weekend all night to Florida and picked up a 2002 Tourn Team MC, then drove back Sunday. I know this because I was one of the 3 drivers ready to give up mothers day weekend. I cannot tell you how close your boat could have been sold if you would have drove the 4-5 hours....Looks like you weren't that interested in selling. Maybe your expectations are to high? I don't know. But based on his experience with your boat.......In regards to Charlotte MasterCraft....I have no idea.

(Message edited by prostar205v on February 10, 2004)
Old    aka Brad Beach            02-10-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Barefooter - your 35th anniversary Prostar is PIMP! When I first saw that from MC I wanted one so bad but my MC dealer couldn't get one... Not that I could have afforded it anyway. Where in Mo do you live? My parents live on Table Rock, Mile Marker 6.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-10-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
I had a great experience with Mike at MasterCraft of Charlotte. My buddy here in Cali was buying an X-30 that was located at one of their competitor's shops, so I called up Mike to get his opinion on the boat, price, reputation of the shop, etc. He was very helpful in providing information and opinions and basically spending a bunch of time with us knowing he wasn't going to get anything in return other than a big thank you. I thought that was above and beyond. My buddy ended up getting the boat and has been very happy with it.

Keep in mind that Trinity Board Shop, which is a part of MasterCraft of Charlotte, is a sponsor of ours, so take my opinion for what it's worth.
Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-10-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
hey guys, thanks for the feedback. It seems like most have had good experiences, but some not. I'm looking at a used boat that they have (I've only looked at it on the internet as of yet). It's the 1983MC on thier used boat page at www.mastercraftofcharlotte.com What do you guys think about it, sight unseen. I mean it is within NADA, but i have a hard time spending 6 grand on a 1983 boat. I can spend 12 and get a 1990 tristar open bow with tower, but don't want to spend 12. lol, ideally i want the tristar for 8, but that's in a perfect world.

you can say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one.

here is what i'm looking for, let me know if i'm crazy.

Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
Kstate-

Columbia, MO. We have a group of 6 MC owners that all go out. Usually hit Norfork but have been to Table Rock for the MC reunion and Ski and Sports. That is at the other end in Shell Knob where it is a little quieter.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-10-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
Don't tell us you're a Tiger barefooter!!!!!!
Old    aka Brad Beach            02-11-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
Tigers... ewwwwwww...

Barefooter I know where Ski and Sports is at, that is where my boat originally came from when it was new. Where is Norfork? It is a bit quieter down near Shell Knob (as long as it isn't a holiday weekend).
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
Yes, Tigers. Actually I am in the process of moving to Fl. Rented a home on the lake down here in Altamonte Springs and will be able to use the boat all year. Norfork is the further of the 3 lakes to the east on the MO/AR line. Table Rock then Bull Shoals followed by Norfork. It was a 4 hour dive to any of the 3 lakes for us. I liked Norfork because there is alot less traffic than Table Rock. Water is just as clear if not clearer. Bull Shoals is really nice too. I bought my 209 from Ski&Sports. Great dealership!! I hear so much about dealerships (negative) on this board but Dave & April were wonderful. They do a wonderful job with their reunion. I think they had 50-55 boats last year with just as many the previous year. You should look it to it. In retrospect I picked up the 209 at the 35th anniversary reunion in TN at the factory and they may have had 50-75 boats. Not bad for a little dealership in a town that does not have a stoplight.
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
updated the profile now.
Old    wakeboarddad            02-11-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
Barefooter, I don't have a clue about what you are talking about. I have never had a boat for sale through these guys. I bought a boat through them a year and a half ago, and that has been my only dealings with them.
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
The boat was not for sale through them but through the individual. It looked just like yours and have a tower just installed and the owner was selling due to not using boat and was clueless as to where the title was...maybe someone different. This was SW of Raleigh. If so my sincere apologies.
Old    aka Brad Beach            02-11-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
Dave is a great guy... He has always treated me right and always remembers my boat whenever I have it in there...

If I knew the dates of his MC reunion I would definately be there! I love Table Rock... It's my favorite lake! I should try Norfolk sometime though... Is there a course on it somewhere?
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
We took a portable course and set in a cove. I think the reunion is the second weekend in June if I remember correctly. Call down to April she can fill you in. I will miss that reunion. I guess Liquid Sports in Orlando is still doing their St.John's river reunion here in Orlando so that will be a good one too.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-11-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
barefooter, you're a lucky man down in FL!
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
No doubt. Just happy to have a place on a clean lake. Water temp is lower mid 60's now. Feels good to ski in Feb. Better to walk out to the boat and not trailer it everywhere.