Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (boardinbeast)      Join Date: May 2003       02-03-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
Well, I'm still evaluating my options here, and was just wondering what are good options for less expensive boats. I'm not saying I won't be buying a new boat, but info is very easy to find on new models. I understand now from another thread that older "wakeboard" boats were really just ski boats with towers. 90% of the time I will be using the boats will be wakeboarding, but I still want to be able to (gasp!)ski or tube. So I want a good all around boat but one that would be good for wakeboarding, again wakeboarding is my main concern. I've already decided I'm not spending 40-50k on a new boat but thats not to say I want a 10k boat either.
Again, at the moment I'm still just collecting info and seeing what my options are. Any info would be appreciated. I understand that I want to go with an inboard, but are there any specific boats that would be "bad" for wakeboarding? or any other things I should be careful about when buying an older boat (more so boats or features to avoid that would effect wakeboarding, I already know to look for structural defects, wear etc).
Basically I don't want to end up buying a boat that will be crap for wakeboarding, so I plan on sticking with the major brands(MC,Malibu,Tige,supras etc) But I know that older Tiges aren't great for wakeboarding either.
In conclusion, this post was way too long, and I feel like I just got done writing an english essay. However any info (although I'm not even sure what I asked) would be apprecoated again.

P.S. whats going on? where am I? I confused myself so if you're confused too just ignore me =P
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-03-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
Looks at from Malibu (Sunsetter VLX, Sunsetter, Sunsetter LXi), Mastercraft (ProStar 205, ProStar 205V), Nautique (Sport, Super Sport), Supra (Sunsport). They should all be pretty good wakeboard boats. The ones available in the Mid to late 90's should be at a good price between $15k-$25k. I'm sure others will have some good altenatives.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
Have lots of fun. You will have lots to choose from! Drive them all... don't rush into anything. Try and get out with the owner of the boat and see how they weight it... etc... Talkt o the local dealers to see if they know anything about the boat and see if they will continue good service to you.

Again, have fun!!! Lots of boats out there!!!
Old    opsjmo            02-03-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
I have a 90 Supra Comp that I have setup up for wakeboarding pulls skiiers well too..Email me an I can send pics.. I need to sell ASAP..
jaseno@pacbell.net
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-04-2004, 5:22 PM Reply   
Don,t forget about Sanger's...one of most under-rated boat's out there. Not alot of weight needed for a great boarding wake either.
Old     (goth2o)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-04-2004, 5:38 PM Reply   
AHH Another satisfied Sanger person!!!!! Love to read about those boats! ~G