Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-24-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
Four months of forced patience was worth it. Picked up my family's new CC SV211 Team Edition late Wednesday afternoon and was riding with Kevin (Big X-Star), Mike (Clubmyke) and Heather today. I should have been working but I couldn't resist. Here are some shots of the new boat and Heather and I riding (she rips!). Mike, put up your pics of yourself and Kevin when you get the chance.

Big props to the crew today for all their help (and ballast) plus the entire team at M2O Marine who have made my satisfaction their #1 priority. Let me know what you guys think of the new boat!

-Tyler

headed to the test drive

The big dog...

first flight

Heather Ripping
Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-24-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
wow! that is a nice looking boat.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-24-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
Ty, SICK boat! Looks so sweeet. Congrats bud.
Old    sebastian            02-24-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
NICE congrats!!!
Sick boat I want one
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-24-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
Tyler,

The boat looks awesome!!!
Love the color scheme..

Hope to hook up with you soon. I ride with Mike and Kevin every now and then. Once this rain blows out of here for good It's my turn to pull people on my Lake so we will hook up soon.
Good luck with the new toy
Erik
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-24-2005, 7:35 PM Reply   
Siiccck boat! I'm sure you'll love it to say the least. Ever since we got our 211 4 months ago, its still the number one thing i think about every single day im not on it.
Old    footin_farley            02-24-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
Nice work Ty. Looks like an incredible boat. Have fun this summer.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
props to tyler for a kick a$$ ride... it is a great looking ride !!!

thanks for the pulls and the great day !!!!
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       02-24-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
Beautiful piece of Machinery! Enjoy it thoroghly, and congratulations! Awesome colors and style!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-24-2005, 10:45 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone! I'm really stoked and am very happy with the performance thus far.

-Tyler
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2005, 10:49 PM Reply   
Tyler,

your boat is SERIOUSLY fast !!!! and with the lead and sacs.. very nice wake

mike
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-25-2005, 1:43 AM Reply   
Tyler,

Congrats on the new ride. Beautiful!!!!

Hope to see it on San V soon. My new boat is in the stereo shop until next week. Once it is done, I am going to live up to my promises I have been making to everyone over the past several months, and take some of you out for a ride. Hell, I have not even rode behind my own boat yet!!

Looks like a great boat. Have a blast. See you soon at San V.
Old    penny4urthots            02-25-2005, 2:34 AM Reply   
no matter what kind of boat owner / fan you may be... there is NO denying that your CC is absolutely ssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccckkkkkk.. . Perhaps so much that it's gross (meant as a compliment lol) Congrats my friend.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-25-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
That boat is right on!! Sweet!
Love the colors.

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-25-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
Tyler,

It looks better that you said. Sweet ride bro. How is that ZR6?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-25-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
Sick ride. I that Mike mentioned the wake was great. Has CC perfected this cross-over boat idea?
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-25-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Ant Bug,

The ZR6 hauls A$$! We had four people three 500lb. bags and 6 lead bags on top of the stock ballast. The boat yanks you out of the water and planes very fast. I'm lovin all 375 of those ponies.

-Tyler
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-25-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
Buzz,

Make sure you get the first pull when your boat comes out from the stereo shop. I had perma grin going all day and the first pull behind your new boat is a great feeling. Defintely see you at San V. soon.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-25-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
How is the wake in the boat compared to the 210? How much extra weight did you add?
Old     (hsmunoz)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-25-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
Tyler

congrats , that is a beautiful boat!How different is the ZR6 from the Excaliber? how did you set up the wake? where did you put the weight and how much?

thanks
Henry
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-25-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Tyler--Huge Congrats on a Really BEAUTIFUL boat. Love every single thing about it. Except the fact that is has more horsepower then my boat that is bigger that yours... The color combo is top notch, the stereo cranks so much I couldnt get any sleep while enjoying all the sunshine we had yesterday.(did I mention how tired I was-LOL). The wake is what we would expect of a NAUTIQUE--Nice and a great kick at the top..
Needless to say I had a great time with everyone yesterday and again congrats on the big addition to the family Tyler.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-25-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
Allen- Stock ballast, four people, 3 large sacs and I believe 6 lead bags. Rough math is 1700lbs. One big sack in the bow, two more in the rear lockers along with the lead.The rear swimstep was two inches under the water line and the boat still had lots of punch. Clubmyke is the ballast guy. He's been experimenting with positioning on his boat and I got to benefit from his experience. As for the wake, I'll have to let Kevin (Big X-Star) do the comparison vs. a 210 or the X-Star but I like it!

Henry- 45 extra ponies makes a big difference in getting the boat up on plane quickly. The powerband is great and she sounds throaty. Plus I have closed water cooling which means I only use lake water in the heat exchanger (anti freeze in the motor). The tempature on the boat never moved once it warmed up.

(Message edited by Tyler_O on February 25, 2005)
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-25-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
Congrats. That is a very nice looking boat. You are going to have a great summer!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-25-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
Tyler,

Really good looking boat. Did you add all that weight right off, or did you break the boat in for the first 10 hours? Just wondering if PCM has different recommendations than Indmar and Mercruiser.
Old    zboomer            02-25-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
Looks great man, congrats! Hope I can get out on the water that quick when mine comes in!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-25-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
Nick,

We followed PCM/CC recommendations. It requires driving for specific times at specific RPM's for a little under two hours. After that, there's no harm in sack'n up and riding with the exception of keeping the RPM's within specified ranges.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-25-2005, 11:42 PM Reply   
for ballast we were running the factory ballast of 750lbs and a additional 500 lbs up front with 2 lead bags in each locker with semi filled sacs (80 lbs + 250 each locker) and 2 40 lb lead bags for placement so a total of 500 + 500 + 160 + 80).. so a total of 2000 lbs, wake was incredible..

in comparison to a 210....humm... very similar in regards to pop, lip, fullness. i would guess the 210 wake with comparable ballast is a "little bit" steeper.

will find out more more experinced riders than myself...
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-26-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
Nice ride!!I sure you are gonna have one fun summer! CONGRATS and enjoy!