Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
Heelside 3 and I got OA and when down pretty nasty. The arm Pic is after 4 days of healing. My buddy driving said he thought the tower was going to rip off the boat Upload
Upload
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-19-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
Here is mine:

Took almost a month for the bruise to work it's way down to my fingers. Now I have a nice little hole in my bicep where the muscle tore.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-19-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
jakober-I think you have been on the receiving end of wakeboard a$$ kickings more than anyone I know. No pain no gain I guess?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-19-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
I was thinking wow then I went down and saw Jakober and thought ok Luker suck it up
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-19-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
I guess during 17 years of wakeboarding some bad things are bound to happen
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-20-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
It wasn't so much the arm...but the handle that surprised me. I knew it hurt like sh*t but when I saw the handle and tried to bend it back with my hands and it wouldn't go I knew I had gotten lucky.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
When I did mine in '99 the handle was up to my arm pit, the boat didn't stop till it popped out because they thought I was just holding on. The funny thing is I still use that exact same handle, StraightLine SquidGrip. I guess they just don't make stuff like they used to.

Luker, glad you are ok.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-20-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Jakober..... I did the exact same thing. I've got the nice matching dent in my bicep, too. Of all my wakeboarding crashes I think that's the one that freaked my out the most. I had to check and make sure my arm was still attached when I was laying in the water.

Luker, good to see you didn't get it too bad. You definitely did a number on that handle.