Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-19-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
picked up the boat saturday morning from car toys and it sounds incredible! they did a terrific job. Chad from car toys in Tukwila is awesome, been there for nearly 12 years. he was super cool and did a nice clean job. i'm very happy. i know it's modest compared to some on this board, but i'm very happy with it. i had him add a yandina c100 battery combiner, replaced my starting battery with a 2nd blue top, added a wired infra red extender for my kenwood head unit, added a pac lc-1 amp gain for the tower speakers, added a neutrik speakon twist lock disconnect and then:

(2) polk momo mmc650's
(2) polk momo mmc650 tower speakers by audioformz
(2) polk db1000 tweeters
(1) soundstream 40x4
(1) JL e4300 70x4
(1) JL 10W1v2 sub

was a little bummed they couldn't fit the infinity 7140 in there, it was just too big. the JL amp is i'm sure a little better and cleaner anyway though, so i'm happy. it all sounds great. just thought i'd share

(Message edited by brucemac on February 19, 2006)

(Message edited by brucemac on February 19, 2006)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-19-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-19-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-19-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Nice!!! The accessories never stop. It seems like there is always something more to add. Nice upgrade. Whats next?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-19-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
heh, a vdrive

uh, seriously, not sure. i'll probably have them re-do the sub. i actually had a different car toys store install it last year and although it sounds pretty good, it could sound better. i would have had them do it now, but i ran out of money, and they ran out of time. i think i'll have them redo the box and mount it up under the helm. right now it's under one of the bow seats and it's firing up. luckily it has a little room and it can blow through the side to the helm. i need a depth finder too. other than that, probabably done for a bit until i get a new boat. but you're right, it never ends. looking forward to my first full season. i can NOT WAIT!
Old     (biker_jimm)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-20-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
did you order those Momo's from car toy I went looking around to price them yesterday and didn't see them at Car Toys
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-20-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
no, i bought them online and broght them in. the audioformz tower speakers came with them loaded already. they aren't on their site yet, they just started doing them. they sound great.