Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (billygump19)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-16-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
I just came from the boat show, and I am on the fence. Which boat should I buy? The X-1 or X-2? The most people I would have in the boat at anyone time is 8. My cottage is on a relatively small calm lake. How do the wakes compare? Does anyone have pics of both wakes? Riders would be anywhere from beginner to advanced. I would be upgrading to the 350HP on either boat.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-16-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Depends on how much they cheapened the X1. Is the interior and carpet all the same? Stereo? Etc. if they are the same only the X1 is striped and you have to add all the options, I would go with the 1. I have not heard one good thing about the x2s wake on here. You know the x1 has a proven wake. 2c.}
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-16-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
unless you absolutely NEED the extra room of the x-2 or are in love when the picklefork bow, i would personally go with the x-1. if they were equally priced, it would be a tough decision, but seeing how the x-2 is going for about $12k more--give or take--the x-1 would be the "logical" choice. i don't know your financial situation, so maybe cost isn't a factor, but, with the x-1, you'll definitely be getting bang for your buck. as far as wake goes, the x-1 hull is arguably the best in the industry, and i've yet to meet a single person (not even one!) who doesn't like riding behind it, beginner or pro. the x-2 wake is unproven and, from what i've heard, needs a lot of excess weight. so basically, unless your crew usually consists of 6 or more people, the x-1 is hard to beat, especially now that it's a price-point boat.
but, like everyone will tell you, demo both and see which you prefer. you'll find my opinion--and everyone else's outside of your immediate family--is pretty irrelevant

(Message edited by jcv on February 16, 2006)
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-16-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
I wish the MC booth at my boat show had a X-2 on display. I personally didn't like the X-1 becuase it was very cramped feeling and the storage space was sub par. To me those two issues are critical. Other than those two complaints it is a sweet boat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-16-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
I own an 05 X2 (current x1).

Depending on how you roll, storage may not be a problem. I previsouly owned a 23' Wakesetter, and I have never complained about storage in my current boat. It's actually not bad.

But, if you roll with 8 people, you won't be happy in an X1. I try to draw the line at 5 people in my boat. It's very small. With 5 riders, ropes, boards, etc... I go nuts sometimes stepping over people. I bought the X2 because I wanted a small boat with a better wake. That's what the X1 is good for.