Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-14-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
i have to drill through my gunnel for wiring my tower speakers, and i want to do a quick disconnect type of setup so i can fold my tower down. i swear i read a post about this last week, but i can't find it any where. i'm not too concerned with the tower itself, just a gromet-like quick disconnect setup. please help. also, my install is friday, so i'm hoping i can find something locally.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-14-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
I got mine from a local car audio place that does boat stuff. It was 35.00 but is a real nice peice and is water proof.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-14-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
do you know what it is or what it is called? is it a quick disconnect type of plug?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-14-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Bruce,

If possible I prefer to run the wires through the side that does not disconnect when the tower folds. If you can do that then I would recommend running a round cable right through a hole in the boat, it looks extremely clean done this way.

If you need to disconnect the wire to fold the tower and if you fold the tower often then the quick disconnect is the way to go. I prefer the Neutric/Speakon cable connecters. They are very high quality, but not the cheapest things around. You should be able to get them from Mouser, audiopile.net, or other online supplier.

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-14-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
perfect, thanks mikeski

i wonder if my local guitar center would have those. that plug looks pretty long though, that for sure would have to go on top of my gunnel and couldn't go on the side of the boat near the tower mount. but i guess that would be okay. thanks again.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
Thats the plug I got for mine. I guess I was lucky the pro audio place here in town does a ton of boat stuff and had them in stock. Its a real nice peice for sure.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
how big is the plug byron? hard to tell from the pic, just wondering how far it will stick out sideways
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Its not abtrusive at all. Id say the top part of the plug (witch is all you'll see) is like 1"-1 1/2" long? mabye.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
okay couple more questions on these. So you have to drill a hole for this right to flush mount it, any idea how big that hole is? i can't find the spec on it. and lastly will the NL4MP allow me to do 2-channels stereo (or 4 wires)?
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
I think the hole was 5/8? but cant remember for sure? And yes it will allow 2 channels (4 wires), thats what im running to my speakers.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
thanks again guys, Guitar Center has them in stock and is right by the Car Toys that is installing all my stuff so I'll just swing by and pick them up on my way to drop off the boat.