Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (shortman)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-15-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
Is there a substantial difference between 99 and 2000 Super Airs? I just ran the NADAs and 8K is the diff in pricing. I'm seeing 00's advertised for 32-40K with 99s at 23-26K. What gives??
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
graphics and tower are the only difference that i know of. i could be wrong though. these years are good, cause they still have wide gunnels, they are a little smaller on the inside though. i think 2000 or 2001 was the last year before they made a little more interior room by making the gunnels a little slimmer
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       02-16-2006, 3:59 AM Reply   
2000 was last year for the 1-piece rear hatch. 2001 was last year for the wider gunnels.

I think the tower would be the biggest difference between the 99 and 00, with the only drawback of the older FCT being it might rattle a little? Someone else may need to jump in here and confirm.
Old     (shortman)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-16-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I'm comparison shopping. Down to a 99 SAN/99 Tige 21V. Biggest diff i see between the two is width=floor space. I assume from all the posts I've read, that the SAN puts out better weighted wake. Tige actually has higher resale in this case.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       02-16-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
I wouldn't read too much into NADA values when it comes to purchasing a boat. Unlike NADA car values, boat values tend to fluctuate more wildly.

Most people here will say to demo the boats and go with the one that suits your needs best.

Good luck!
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
SAN or Tige? is that even a question?
I bought a 00 SUper and now im selling it to get a 06 VLX?
anyone wanna buy it?