Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-16-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
My mate and i have just bought a 1998 ski Nautique and managed to only board for two months last season . We are running it with a 660Lbs fat Sac in the rear and four 5 Gallon petrol tanks in the front. We normally have four people in the boat and one boarding. We are looking to get two more fat Sacs to add a further 440lbs around the engine. Has anyone any advice on this suggestions are all welcome. We just don't want to be wasting time try to crank the wake size when we could be boarding instead.
Cheers Rob
Old    imcmole            02-16-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Try a pair of 250lb side sacs to hug the engine compartment.

http://www.extremeliquidations.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SIDESACK-BG&Category_Code=
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-16-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
I have a couple of Tube sacs that i use in my DD Sport Nautique 9 x 12 x 62 that fit very well on the sides of motor box. They are supposed to weigh about 375 pounds each. I used to have full sized sacs but found that they just take up way too much room.
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-16-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
Are you suggesting that along side the 660 lbs in the rear.
Does anyone now what is the max you should use as i have heard it is possible to damage the gearing due to over loading the boat.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-16-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I personally use two tube sacs, one on each side of the engine and another in the ski locker. That configuration puts out a great wake and i still have use of the rear seat and it isn't "too crowded". I am thinking with 4 people and one 600 pound sac it gets pretty crowded in your boat. Does the 98 model SN have a trunk?
Old    imcmole            02-16-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
It is oK to run with a big sac in the back & side sacks around the engine compartment. Works great for "center weighting."
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-16-2006, 11:04 PM Reply   
I had a SNOB and the perfect set up for me was a Fat Seat in the rear with a sack on top, then a sack in the bow filled 3/4 or more depending on people in the boat. We tried every possible configuration, and that setup worked the best with the most possible room left in a tiny boat. Oh and a cooler behind the drivers seat.
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-17-2006, 12:34 AM Reply   
By a trunk do you mean a covered bow? We have no rear seat but we try to get the 660lbs sac as close to the engine cover as possible.
We were thinking about getting the two 220lbs sacs one for each side of the boat so that would be a total of 1100lbs plus the fuel we carry plus the four five gallon tanks of fuel in the bow and also five people. Does anyone think that is to much or will it kick up a serious wake.
Has anyone experimented with the wake to try to make it as clean as possible. If so what has worked the best?
Does anyone now any good deals on the sacs for around the engine box. Would like to spend less then 200 dollars for two including shipping to Ireland. Cheers