Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
I did a search but came up empty. Anyone have any wake pics of a 24 SSV loaded down? Primarily looking for the Gravity Games, but the non GG will work too. Thanks in advance.
Old    kvanderg            02-04-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
I second that action... I have heard lots... now lets see lots!

Sorry... just jacking up my numbers and my WW cred
Old    kvanderg            02-05-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Here are 2 pics I found on wake pics.com

No info on set up but it did say it was a 24SSV

This one I found on Dave Brisco's web site... all it said was 2005 pics... I think he was running a 24SSV in 2005? Anyway... once again no specs, wake looks huge next to the little people riding and I'm sure the boat wasn't going any more than 18-19MPH... so I'd factor that in.

From what I've heard... ya cant go wrong with the 24SSVGG as far as wake size (tall), wake shape (ramp and kick), quality, price, value, looks, etc. It's a big purchase... so it would be nice to ride behind one before laying down the $$$.

Another thing to consider is the GG only comes in one colour scheme... as I'm sure you know. I hated it when another 2005 Supra 22SSVGG would show up on "my lake"... that factored into me trading for a 2006 21V.

I have also heard some banter about Indmar having trouble with their 8.1L 450HP motor... and a boat that big... I think ya need the big motor. That or the 340HP propped just right. Either way... moe money spent at the pumps if ya dont need a boat that big.

Cheers!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pics. I'm considering either the 21v, or the GG SSV. Saw the GG at the boat show and loved it. Comes with everything!!! I would keep the 340 horse motor and just prop it. I plan on keeping my next boat for several years so I can justify spending the extra coin for a bigger, better boat. I'll keep searching for other pics as well.
Old    kvanderg            02-05-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
My wife wants the 24SSVGG... I want the 21V even though she thinks its FUGLY.

Fugly boats need lovin too!

KV
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-06-2006, 5:18 AM Reply   
Here is a link to a video of my son riding behind Dave Briscoe's 24SSV. The gravity games ballast was full and there were only 2 people in the boat. Dave has the big engine.

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php?photo=9260&cat=all&si=phil

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
The wake looked like it was pretty nice. I'm starting to like it more and more.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-06-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
George - your son rips! Real nice wake.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-06-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Here are a few from when Brisco came to town. Bags full, and 5 guys in the boat at about 23mph. I don't know how tall Brisco is but the inverted guy is 6'0 the one in tan shorts is 6'3". The wake has a great shape very much like the Supra 21 launch but a lot wider.

Ok well I will post pictures when the internet isn't so slow.

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-07-2006, 6:33 AM Reply   
Kevin.........those pics of the 24SSV from Wakepics are mine and they were taken in Marty McFlys boat last ??? He is running the Gravity Games bags in the boat but I'm not sure exactly how much weight it is. Very good shape to the wake though.
Old    ilovetrains            02-07-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
I really liked teh wake behind the 24 SSV when I demoed it last fall. You can get the GG bags without the full package so you are not married to the color or graphics. For that matter, since it uses bags I guess you could go bigger if you wanted. FWIW - I remember the wake being a little taller than what was pictured above, that is probably the feeling from the water vs. a pic shot from back of the boat, it was plenty big and seemed cleaner than the MC X-30 I rode before it.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-08-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
When Dave Briscoe came to our lake, it was up to his lower thighs when he was standing next to it. He is pretty short, but it was definitely well above his knees. We sat in the boat studying it for awhile. It doesn't even compare to the 22SSV in height or length of transition and you can ride at a much longer line before it washes out. Kevin, if your wife wants the 24, do it, unless you are just beginners! The beginner riders in the clinic seemed a bit overwhelmed by the wake. You definitely don't want to be scared of a wake when you are learning new tricks.

(Message edited by rmcronin on February 08, 2006)
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
I have the 2004 Gravity Gamees SSV. Im selling it to get the new 21V. Its bigger, wider, and alot more storage. I love that boat. They have one here that is tan and like army green that is crazy sick. gotta see it.

Another= I have a friend with the 24 and the wake is WIDE. i normally ski 75-80 and i find myself cranking it at 75. loaded with 2500 lbs and like 10 people.
Old    kvanderg            02-10-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Schooledrider,

I'm alot closer to being a beginner than a pro... thats for sure Having said that... I rode behind a sacked out X-2 last summer, fill my 2005 22SSVGG to max and neither scared me... so either the 21V w/ 2200lbs of factory ballast or the 24SSVGG is in my future.

My dealer already has my 22SSVGG on trade... now I have till the end of the weekend to decide on 21V or 24SSVGG.

Can anyone comment on wake width of the 21V as compared to the 24SSVGG?

Here are some 2200lb pics of the 21V

Thanx to Chris Walker & his son for the riding/wake pics and sorry for the highjack

KV
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
KV- no prob on the pics. Thanks for the credits. By the way my son Nick says 24SSV was the biggest wake he has ever hit.

Chris H.- Tan and army green I would have that camo in decals so fast it would make your head spin. I was at the LA boat show totally by accident a few weeks ago and I saw a tan/green camo (cough super-air cough) that was SICK. I cant imagine how that would look with supra style. Cool thing is I bet the decal package didnt cost $500. It was so simple. They added a solid color decal about 18 inches oval/camo shaped. Some were lighter green & some were darker green & some were tan.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-10-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
Kevin. Looks like more weight on the port side than the starboard. If the starboard was like the port, that wake would be awesome. Last pic looks like you had the plate adjusted just right.