Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-08-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hey there,
Has anyone heard of this model of boat? If so, any opinions about its function as a wakeboarding boat?
Thanks.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-08-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
Should be fine. Nice heavy V-drive hull. I think it is slightly shorter than the sport. There is a guy on PLanetnautique, joel hern, who has one with a New dimension tower on it. Nice budget wakeboat.
Old     (cincynautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-08-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
great boat for wakeboarding and surfing. i bought mine last year with less than 300 hours on it, had New Dimension Towers put the tower on...and it is just as nice as the new v-drives. adding some custom seating to make the "wrap-around" seating like the newer Nautiques. any questions just let me know. what are they asking for the boat?

joel
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-08-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
Joel, actually the the boat is a 1992 and is listed for $13,800 on Flipsell. I have never heard of the Excel V-drive before . . . always thought the Super Sport was the earliest V-drive for Correct Craft. How similar are the Excels and the Super Sports? Do you know? I'm in the Pac. NW and have been shopping pretty hard for a Super Sport, with zero success.
Thanks for the response.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-08-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
I want to say that the SS is a newer model, more closely related to the SAN 210 than the excel. I think they are both excellent for what you are looking for...a great boat at a great price. In a 92, you are going to want to check the floors and stringers for rot...they went away from wood in 93.

Eric
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-08-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
The Excel is the same as the Barefoot Nautique built 91-94. The hull looks very similar to (may be the same as) the 82-89 barefoot (deep V). The Excel has a small block and the Barefoot got the bigblock.

The supersport started in 95, and is the same hull as the current super air. The SS/SAN hull is more closely related to (I think derived from) the 82-89 '2001' and 93+ sport/air.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/

(Message edited by bremsen on February 08, 2006)
Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-08-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
the barefoot has the 454 and graphics, the excel has the 351 standard. It will throw a decent wake, not as vert as a SAN at all, but decent, it also cuts through chop better than any other v drive out there period. it has a deep-V hull, all of the way to the transom.
it has a similiar hull to the old barefoot, as well as the martinique, and the fish nautique. the deck caps are different. i would check out correctcraftfan.com there is a plethora of info about that boat on there.

and joel hurn how do you weight that boat for surfing?
Old     (cincynautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-09-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
for surfing we fill one of the v-drive sacs to capacity, keep about 300-400 lbs. of ballast in the closed bow, and move everyone in the boat to one side and towards the back(same side as the full sac).
next thing you know...you're getting barrelled in ohio. gotta love that
Old     (cincynautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-09-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
here is a picture of the boat before we put the new Nautique graphics down the sides. 1991 Barefoot Nautique w/ 454
1991 Barefoot Nautique
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-09-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
nice Joel, looks great with the ND/FCT on it. What graphics did you put on it?
Old     (cincynautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-09-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
we put the same graphics that are on the 2006 216 and 226 models. Just has the "NAUTIQUE" with the CC swoops around the letters. we also ordered the matching drip molded letters/numbers from wakeside for the registrations on the bow.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-09-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
nice, any pics? If not post some when you get a chance
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-10-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Ryan,
I have a 92 Excel w/ Monster Tower. It has been a great boat, and properly weighted, makes a pretty nice wake.

Joel,
I am very interested in seeing your plans for your wrap around seating.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-10-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
There was a nice one at either Mid Ohio Watersports or at White Lake Marine if I am not mistaken for like 9-10K.