Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-04-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
I just got my letter in WBM, im really happy and I hope it encouages many young or old to ride behind there so called boat. Even tho some make fun you never know you might be the next grubb or parks lol Its helped me get more involed in the business and im only 14. Im not trying to bost of saying look at me I got in WBM. dont get me wrong im happy but dont say im braggin. here it is. hopefully it might help some.
Old    catalyst            02-04-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
you are annoying
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-04-2004, 10:49 PM Reply   
Get a job and get a real boat. Ask 2p about that, he's 16 and is buying an nautique
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-05-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
Evan,

Sorry about all the negativity! Man, do you know these guys or something? I hope they're kidding. Anyway, it's really cool that your letter made it in the mag. Thanks for sharing your stoke with everyone! Good for you for getting out there and finding a way to get it done. At age 14 you're getting a much earlier start than many of the guys on this site, so maybe we'll be seeing you featured in the mag one day. Keep the stoke and keep sharing it with others
Old    emoney            02-05-2004, 6:15 AM Reply   
Hey Nick & Mark I think you guys are both being VERY IMMATURE, oh wait you guys are only 16 and 19,please forgive me...Give the dude a break as long as your on the water having fun who cares what kind of boat you have....And I'm sure 2p's dad is buying the boat, especially at the age of 16, unless he's a drug dealer....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-05-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
I agree. Why don't you guys take a hike over to Wakeboarder.com, you'll fit right in over there with the other immature kids.
Old    yearling            02-05-2004, 6:37 AM Reply   
I think its cool that he still likes to wakeboard no matter what boat hes behind. I rode behind a jet boat all last year. And eric im 14 and im not a freaking drug dealer. Lol, Ive got a job and im using my pretty much my life savings! And im still going to have to finance most of it. (just to get everything clear)
Old     (habersham)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-05-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
If you guys were regulars on wakeboarder.com you would understand the comments by Nick and Mark. I have never seen someone brag as much about getting sponsored as Evan. He ruins topics with his stuipd posts. He made a website stealing people's pictures off of wakeboarder.com and he has been told off many times on wakeboarder.com
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-05-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
Is this the childrens section?
Old    emoney            02-05-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
Hey 2p Mark said you were 16 and I was just going by his post...Happy Financing....
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-05-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
Hey Evan

I agree with Matt and 2p. Its pretty cool that you are so stoked on the sport. Just remember that in this sport and industry modesty goes a long way. Let your riding do the talking.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
I read the letter and thought it was cool, didn't know you were a WW'r when I was reading it. Nice work.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Evan, where are you riding in that picture?
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
look up Parky on wakeskating.com or Ocean Rider on WB.com this guy is so full of it that I wouldn't doubt if that isn't him in the picture. He has stole people's images and put them on his website to play off like they are his. Good luck if you beleive anything this joker says.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
thanks everyone for the support lol im glad most people thought it was so cool. Ya I know Nick but I dont know the mark guy. That pic was taking on Vancouver Island. It was in the Ocean. Chris: Ya ive been on wakeboarder.com but im tired of all the there. John I dont know which one of those ppl you are but that is my pic and im not full of it. and that site thing wasn't my falt since it wasn't my site

(Message edited by wes_can_riders on February 05, 2004)
Old    wakeboard4568            02-05-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
I wish i could get one of my letters in WBM..ive written those suckers 2098234908239048 times

okay, only like twice.
but still

Old    catalyst            02-05-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
i only called it annoying cause hes posted it on every wakeboard site there is.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-05-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
He's just a kid and he's really excited about it. I'm sure if something like that had happened to me at that age I'd want everyone to know about it to.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
Nick im surprised ur sayin this dude ur my friend...... ya and ive only posted it on wb.com and here.. some other guy started the thread on ws.com
Old    wakeboard4568            02-05-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
I would've done the same...I remember at wakeboarder.com one time my poll suggestion got picked and you wouldve thought i won the jackpot...lol i posted it everywhere.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
just another pic of me behind my Z boat
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-05-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
So what you gonna get with the dough?
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
ryan: its all ordered...since I already got my new setup I just got 4 new videos and a line... thanks to wakeside.com
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-05-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
Evan,
Keep on riding. It doesnt matter what you board behind as long as your having fun. I also enjoyed reading you letter im WBM. Props to you that you got your letter published.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
rod: thanks for the good words!
Old    blind5            02-05-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
evan, it sounds like you have a bad reputation. i don't get it, usually kids like us don't get hooked up if we have a bad reputation and a cocky attitude. so how did you pull that off? do you have sponcerships for wakeboarding or wakeskating?
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
i dont have a bad rep or am i cocky its just people dont like me on wb.com the stuff that happened on that site has nothing to do with my life outside the computer. Im sponsored for both
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
y is everyone making this so hard for me.... ive been on the site for like two days and im having the same problems i had on wb.com
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-05-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
How are you riding behind that "dingy" but still sponsored? I don't get it. I'm not trying to start any problems, just trying to understand.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
lol good question.... well I only started to wakeboard behind that but I ride behind many other boats and I do compeations
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
Compeations? The internet can be used for more than just posting useless B.S. on message boards. Try this site www.dictionary.com
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-05-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
HAHAHA John
I love it!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-06-2004, 6:03 AM Reply   
Uh, one of you told a 14 year old to get a job and the other reamed him for stealing pictures off of a public forum.

In case you guys missed the posts of Matt, Eric, J-Rod, 2P, Rich, Shawn, Chris, Lucky, Elisabeth, Bill, and Rod - nobody here gives a $#it.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-06-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
You are right John, the internet can be used for more than just posting useless B.S. on message boards, i.e. your looking for people to bust on about their spelling...

Evans grades in school will take care of him, he doesn't need your useless diatribe on how he misspells his words when posting on some message board.

(Message edited by craiger on February 06, 2004)
Old    emoney            02-06-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
Well Said David
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-06-2004, 8:57 AM Reply   
Evan, welcome to wakeworld. As you have probably noticed, this message board is much differant then wakeboarder.com. The visitors on this site tend to be a bit older, wiser, and pretty much just post relevent information or news.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       02-06-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Evan
Shaun's first boat was a 12 foot aluminum with a 15hp merc. He even barefoot with it. So keep it up and you never know where you'll end up.
Lloyd
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
Andrew Z- LMAO
Old    blind5            02-09-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
the older (think they are wiser) users of wakeworld.com also tend to try to single out the younger users in case you haven't figured that out either
chill out, it's just an opinion
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-09-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
You are completely wrong with that comment Rob. If you look at the posts on this thread, the older people are the ones supporting him and the younger ones are the ones posting the negetive b.s. You should look into it before you start posting your so called facts.
Old    ontrider            02-09-2004, 8:38 PM Reply   
andrew, IMO wakeboarder offers just as much relevant information and if you are older and wiser you can ignore the negative b.s.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-09-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
Hmmmm, the rudeness prevails huh... I think its cool you started out on a crap boat. Not many pro boarder can say they started on a zodiak. Maybe a Johnson Outboard sponsorship??? Ha... Just keep the stoke for wakeboarding and good things will come...
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-10-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
chris thanks for the good words... ya or mercuary outboards you never know? lol ya right now lots of good things are happening
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2004, 4:53 AM Reply   
Hey John. Thanks for the link. www.dictionary.com

diatribe

\Di"a*tribe\ (?; 277), n. [L. diatriba a learned discussion, Gr. ?, prop., a wearing away of time, fr. ? to rub away, spend time; dia` through + ? to rub: cf. L. terere, F. trite: cf. F. diatribe.] A prolonged or exhaustive discussion; especially, an acrimonious or invective harangue; a strain of abusive or railing language; a philippic.

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
Jeremy, i think we could all take a lesson from your sreen name. SHUTUPANDBOARD!!! Evan, you could take a lesson from this as well as all the people that rip on you. I used to get hooked up with proform boards from Hyperlite, aside from my parents the only people who knew about it were the ones that asked. Even then I downplayed it and directed the attention to the product, which is why they hook you up.

it goes like this:
You(action)-climbing back on the boat
Them - "hey that was sick man, I don't want to go next!"
You - "Thanks bro, yeah it was fun! I'm so stoked on this new board!"

Think about how different it would be if you immediately said "yeah well I am sponsored". You don't want to create that kind of image, it just leads to people thinking you are stuck up and that is not the kind of person companies want to sponsor. Now the people on these posts are peeved cuz your response is well "of course I got it, I am sponsored", just say you got the hook up from liquid force cuz you've been doing a little work for them and then go on to explain why you like your board, not why you deserve it.

Now I know I've called you out on the other forum, but I really mean no ill will to you. It's basically just trying to show you the light. Honesty and modesty will always take you further. When you get on a boat and someone asks what moves you pull, you say "oh I just try and have fun". My friend also rides for LF and this is how he replies to peoples questioning, despite the fact that he does 7's, mobes, and generally kills it.

think about it, the less they expect the more their jaws will drop. ride, thats it!

You've got the passion, keep it up. out
Old    wakeboard_iraq            02-11-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
Evan - dont let them get you down. It was a good pic and story. You made it into the mag and they didnt. You were original and felt the stoke enough to send in a pic and story - good on you. Keep riding.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-11-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
lol ya there not getting me down... lol i wrote that letter after one day when my friends at school started to make fun of my boat so instead of being mad all day i wrote a letter... i wrote the letter before i got sponsored... Stephen i dont totally know if your trying to tell me to keep it up or trying to put me down???? but anyway i got my stuff today... metronome and blacklist are totally sick... myside and sfamato are kinda boring but there still good... the line i got that was only 59$ us. its so nice... its not spectra but its no stretch. I cant wait to ride!!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just saying that you need to think a little about how people will perceive your words/actions. I'm really just trying to give you a little piece of the things I have learned. I don't want to see you gettin' ripped on all the time, it's not cool, but a lot of times you've set yourself up. When that happens people with too much time on their hands(me included) jump on you for it. Like I said modesty and honesty, it will help a lot. But do keep it up, have fun because that is what is most important. enjoy