Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-15-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
So I was wakeboarding on Saturday at Berryessa and it was a little rough. I went for my backroll to revert some of the chop set me up wrong just before I hit the wake. I hit the wake and the pop felt off. I went straight up and landed straight on top of the wake, with the tip of my board pointing straight at the boat.

POP, tingle, burn. Thats all i felt. i came up and i was screaming! not being able to wakeboard for the rest of the summer was not my concern. im going to the caribbean in 2 weeks.

I know I wont be wakeboarding until I come back from my cruise (Aug 12th). Then school starts! BOOOOOO

Good luck to the rest of you during summer
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
I went through the same thing with my back a month ago. Hopefully I'll be able to hit the water again in a few weeks and get some riding in before summer is gone for good...
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-16-2007, 12:35 AM Reply   
i know what its like..i tore my MCL and broke my wrist in the same week..im done for all of summer.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2007, 4:40 AM Reply   
what did you hurt?
Old     (sportydude)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
aw that sucks. what did u hurt? thats what my mom said she is always worried about, me breaking something or somethin. cuz then i couldnt do football.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-16-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
Yup sucks huge.

Happy recovery. I just blew my knee the 1st of JUlY 3 days before a week long wake trip planned with my wife. Completely tore my ACL, tore my mcl and my medial meniscus. Hit the third roller off the d-up hit the cleanest nuclear I have done landed fine and then as I was finishing the cut out WHAMMO my knee just decided to say I had enough. I feel ya. Need to get a post rollin n what to do when you busted.

What did you do? Good news is I am able to finally get around w/o crutches and the pain has really gone away. For being so f'd it doesn't really hurt as much as I would have thought. But surgery is around the corner so who knows. So hope your's is getting better by the day as mine did. God bless Vicatin
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-16-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
that sucks but look at it this way, in NorCal the best time to ride isn't in the summer anyways. The Fall is definitely the best, pretty much from Labor Day to thanksgiving is the best.
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
I blew out my ankle last June, I totally rolled my ankle inward. Ouch. No weightbearing for 6 weeks and rehab after. Missed all summer/fall last year. Did a lot of driving and fishing.
I'm still not 100% Probably never will be, but i'm back and still trying new stuff.

You'll be back soon Marc.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
man the worst i ever had it was when i crushed my L1 vertibrae after cliff jumping at berryessa. The water was super low and i hit the water way wrong. I was out that summer and the entire summer after that I felt weak. I go in tomorrow to check out my knee.

I got my fingers crossed for a stretched ligament and nothing broken.. but then who knows, i have not been able to move it since!
Old     (waterzomby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-17-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
Join the club, I have been out since April. Had to have ACL reconstruction. Landed way out in the flats with my weight forward....SNAP went my right ACL. Surgery went well and am currently doing physical therapy so that I will be able to ride next summer! Tear it up out there for me will ya everyone!?

Thanks!!
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       07-17-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
I'm also out with ACL and Lateral meniscus. I had surgery on July 5th, and miserable that I missed out on the whole season. I'm going through rehab, but still on crutches with very little pressure on my operative leg for another 2-3 weeks. I feel your pain.
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-17-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
How about a happy story... I blew out my ACL, torn MCL and lost some meniscus (two surgeries on that sucker) Anyway, i have gone through my physical therapy and am back out there. Even threw the air railey last time i was out there (the trick of my injury)
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-17-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
I did something to my knee I fell much better but going to the doc on thurs I could not even get the board off when it happened maybe i hyper extended it it has been giving out out on me the last couple of days but today felt great have been doing some testing to see if I can ride on sat
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       07-19-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
Chris, if you hyper extended it, and its been giving out on you, you better go see a doc. Even a torn acl will feel better down the road, because your body heels back together and compensates for the torn acl. It sounds like you better get an MRI to be for sure.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
I tore my mcl and sprained my ACL. On crutches for 6 weeks; got lots of sypmathy from the ladies, which was nice, but overall it was pretty rough. Now I just surf and wakeboard with a brace occassionally without doing any tricks. I can't afford to be put down again.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
So here is the verdict

Torn MCL, ACL, Crushed Meniscus.

Doctor says I'm going to be off the water/snow for a while. I have a MRI coming up and after I see the results I can decide when Ill do surgery.

Ive joined the injured list :-)
Now I can just sit back, relax, hold the flag, drive the boat, and maybe practice drinking my beer if there is time
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-19-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
yup i welcome you to the injured list...... I am out for 5 months I opted to have the surgery because I just wanted to get it over with