Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    xtremebordgurl            03-16-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
Anyone have a transom remote for their stereo? How does it hold up? Do they get ruined easily by the water? Are they waterproof? I think we would use it frequently cause we spend a lot of time swimming off the back platform and listening to music and we always track a butt load of water into the boat everytime we got to swithc a song or whatever, I don't want to get it though if they cause a lot of problems... how have people's experiences been with them?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-16-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
I've heard of some issues with the Sony hardwired remotes failing on a regular basis from some Malibu owners. Kenwood and Clarion manufacture them but havent heard any info good or bad on them.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       03-16-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
I have had kenwood remotes for years now and never a problem. I now have 2 of the new (lcd readout)ones on my boat and still no problems.The new remotes only work with the 2 new marine decks.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
pac audio makes an infrared remote extender kit that comes with either a CPS or Access Technolgoies Marine pad. I had one installed on my boat because my Kenwood KDC-MP4028 doesn't have a wired option. it works great. i don't have it on my transom though, i had it mounted at the helm (my head unit is in the glove box). anyway, an option for those who don't have wired remote options:

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Marine%20Products

(2nd product down)

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-16-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
I have two remotes one on dash because the radio is in the glove compartment and one on the transom. They are the Aware brand made be Tristar in TN and used in the moomba's. They are waterproof because I have seen them also used in hot tubs in two colors blk and white. They work great, but I would love to have the Clarion remotes because they are very very swanky (IMO)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-16-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Mine is simple, and has worked great.
Upload