Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old    00wakesetter            12-19-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
Sam, you figuring things out way too fast.
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-21-2005, 3:05 AM Reply   
Hi Tristram

Yeah I had the same issue as you, deciding which boat. I settled for the Tige and honestly don't regret it for a moment. I bought the '05 22v.
I tested the Xstar, x 10 and Malibu wakesetter. i also owned the old X2.

The tige hull is solid and the taps really works. I love the idea of being able to change the wake shape. Also worth mentioning that taps becomes very handy with holeshot and vary the wake with different weight configurations.

Malibu uses the wedge....it broke after 15 minutes of riding.

I rode this weekend with 5 ppl, 3 sacs + stock ballast full ... taps on 3-4 and the wake was crisp. After my mates left I had less weight in boat all i did was push the taps to 8 and I was back to the same shape and size wake.

Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-21-2005, 6:17 AM Reply   
"After my mates left I had less weight in boat all i did was push the taps to 8 and I was back to the same shape and size wake"

Trim Tabs or in this case Tige's Taps system won't increase the size of a wake , but will change it's shape. Think of a boat w/o trim tabs as having a "normal" wake with trim tabs you can decrease the size of the wake but cannot increase it past it's "normal" size. if that makes sense

"when I see misinformation about the product or company that I have invested in, I call it out."

One of us is wrong...can you please clarify.

Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-21-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
sorry sam , let me clarify...

I was short two people.

The wake with the current settings ie. taps 3-4, full stock ballast + 3 sacs + 2 ppl was "flatter" , than when I had 4 ppl.

The moment we pushed the taps to 8 and adjusted speed accordingly the wake returned to its original shape the size seemed the same. How much difference 2 people will make to size , i am not sure.

The point I was making is the ease at which one can compensate the wake for loss in weight and changes in speed to get the same or similar wake.

to be honest I was pleasantly surprised with this discovery because until then I was under the impression that taps had some advantage but not to the extent I had witnessed.

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-21-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
I agree with Sam on the size of the wake issue with Tige. Wake size is a matter of water displacement. It is impossible to have the same wake with and then without extra weight. I have enjoyed the TAPS a lot to adjust the steepness of the wake.

I do beleive that Tige wakes UNWEIGHTED are generally bigger than most others, due to the fact they are heavier to start with, and due to the hull shape that allows the transom to settle a little deeper into the water.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-21-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
Sam, have you ever rode behind, or even been in a Tige???? I am not talking about a '99 or 2000??? Tige is beefy, durable and DOES throw a sic wake, and when you get around H-town, hit me up and I will prove this to you and any other NAYSAYER out there. PEACE!!

This thread is dead!!!!
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-21-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
I've riden behind an older 97 or 98 DD (no comment) that's it and have looked at the newer. (05 v-drives). Like I mentioned earlier Tige should remove a few layers of fiberglass and spend more $$$ on the interior. For the kind of money a new tige costs they lack some of the "bling" in the interior when compared to the big 3 (comparable models/price). I have not been in an 06.

(Message edited by wake1823 on December 21, 2005)

(Message edited by wake1823 on December 21, 2005)
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-21-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
drip drip drip.
Dude seedoo makes the best boat out ther i dont know what yall are talking about.

www.wakeculture.com
ww.stupidtxdudes.com