Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-30-2012, 3:15 AM Reply   
Hi guys,

Im just deciding on what i want in terms of a boat system and keen for some feedback.

The music i like most on the boat is stuff with a bit of bass, and not too much rock music.

It is really of secondary importance whether the rider hears it, but im looking for a crisp sound with as much bass (or clean mid range sound) as possible to say the duck board, or if it boat is parked say 5/10 metres away.

I was looking at a set of XM9's, however then started looking more at the surf series of speakers, but am a little hesitant as i know you dont get a great warm sound out of such a small speaker. I dont really care whether its heard 80 feet away.

The boats a Sanger v210 and will have 4 new co ax speakers in boat, with a polk momo dvc sub and then whatever speakers i chose on the tower. On the tower i have a 100wrms 4 channel amp to power whatever.

Keen for some hcld vs surf speaker opinions.

The bullet dealer down here also tells me you can change the hcld tone by altering the crossover. Bit dubious about that as i know its still a horn at the end of the day.

Any feedback would be great. Im in New Zealand so cant hear any of the products myself before purchasing.

Cheers

Last edited by bwake; 08-30-2012 at 3:19 AM. Reason: update