Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    foobysmacker            06-23-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
Sanger parts guy tells me that the stereo in my '01 V210 is supposed to get installed in the carbon fiber panel on the driver's side. Which is okay I guess, but I'd rather install it in the glove box and put a wired remote in-dash on the driver side. Why? Because the wired remote is water resistant and will likely deal with direct sunlight better than the deck unit.

My question is -- how are people installing decks in glove boxes that have no provision for a stereo deck in there? Is there such a beast as a tilted deck installation kit?

I'm sure I could cut a hole in the glove box and fabricate something with some angled brackets and some acrylic or plexiglass to hide the installation hardware, but that sure seems like a lot of work for something that seems like a pretty common installation challenge.

Does anyone know of a boat stereo installation kit that would help with something like this?

Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
I have 96 sanger DLX and my stereo is in glove box. There when I got it so I had no choice. I have the wired remote on drivers side and second on rear. The deck does sit @ an angle and there is a plumbers strap on the rear to secure it tightly. Big advantages to mounting on passenger side. the wiring is much easier. i mounted amps to side wall, short wire runs. There is a home run behind the black fiberglass panles for the wires to run to drivers side of hull for the remote. Lots of room for your install.
Old    hyperryd            06-23-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
Make sure that whatever deck you install can play on an angle. Some decks skip alot when angle mounted. I think most of the upper end Sony's advertise angle mounting.