Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    chris_hargis            04-10-2003, 7:40 AM Reply   
Hi all,
I have a Joystick Roll Cage on my boat that uses 2.5 inch tubing. I built my tower speakers (PVC) and need a mount for them. I looked at the Rhyno-Gear ones, but they only make them to 2 inches, so they will not work. Anyone know of a company that makes mounts for 2.5 inch tubing for tower speakers?
Old    loudliquid1221            04-10-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
www.liquidaudiosounds.com
Has some mounts that are cheap and hold good. They are made to clamp onto any tower size
Old    sickboy            04-10-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
I ended up using some U bolts with some rubber fuel line over them for my mounts. I'll have pics up soon on this page:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/60338.html?1049840304

Also check out the mounts that Sid7 made on the same page, they turned out nice and are removable...

mb
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-10-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
Check out these: www.chassisshop.com/npbm.html
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-10-2003, 9:51 PM Reply   
Check out www.diyTower.com and send me an email with anything you find that we are missing. We are trying to create a place for do-it-yourselfers to go for resources we have all learned from.

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com
Old    chris_hargis            04-12-2003, 9:12 PM Reply   
Ok, guys, I made my own mounts. Since I have a 2.5 inch tube, I go a 3" PVC "T" fitting that had a side fitting for a 1.5" tube. I then got a coupler, and end cap for the 1.5 inch tubing. I drilled a 2" hole in the top of the speaker can, insterted the 1.5" PVC piece (about 2" long). I shaped the end cap and coupling to fit the curve of the can and glued (and bolted) them to the 1.5" tube. I then inserted another 1.5" tube (about 2" long) into the top of the coupling and glued and bolted it in place also. The "T" has the 1.5" side exit, so I insert the can into the side exit and drilled a hole through it for a ball pin. I had to wrap the cage with duct tape to make it fit the 3" "T", then drilled two holes and inserted screws to keep it from twisting. I will try to get some pictures of it tomorrow and post them here (it is 11:15 PM right now) so you guys can see what I am talking about. Then I will let you know how they hold up on the water. I hope they don't come down on my head, but I don't think they will. PVC is pretty strong and the speakers only weigh about 7 pounds each.

Either way, with the amp on those speakers, they sound pretty good so far (couldn't crank them up this late to see). I wired the amp to a switch so the driver could switch it off to talk to the rider. More to follow.
Old    chris_hargis            04-14-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
Here are the pictures

Old    sickboy            04-14-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
That's pretty cool Chris. Are you just using a pin, or a screw of some sort?

mb
Old    chris_hargis            04-14-2003, 8:58 PM Reply   
Just a ball pin. I drilled the hole just to the size of the pin, then you have the ball that keeps it from coming back out. I need to clean the speakers up a bit, but I just finished them late the night before, and I wanted to get out on the water the next day. I was actually wrong in my discription before the pictures. I glued the second piece of 1.5" tube in to the "T" fitting, and then the coupling slides over it.

They worked great on the boat, and did not fal on my head, but I am not sure I have enough amp for them to hear over the outboard motor. It may have just been that my wife didn't want to go any louder thinking that if she could hear them that I could.}
Old    tabiggs            04-15-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
these are image dynamics and a tower i am currently working on