Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-07-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
Looking at different models of chamois/leather grip handles and just wondering if the seam and raised stitching on the palm area of the handlebar is bothersome to anyone?? I think it would be.

Many brands and models of chamois handles all seem to have this feature. The Murray handle looks awesome but for the stitching and the large stitched logo that would also bother me.

I ended up ordering the brand-new Proline LGT (leather grip triangle) that is supossed to be designed to fit your clenched fist better. It does not have any seam or stitching that I can see. I got it straight from RideCWB.com for $65 and added a pistol-grip for $5 +$7shipping.

I don't REALLY care for their pistol grips, I would rather have something like the older t-bar with a padded bar that is properly sized for your hand. The Proline pistol-grips are hard plastic and a bit small in my palm.

Here are the Proline LG1 and LGT:

Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
The stitching does not affect the comfort of the handle whatsoever. I'm on my second LG and you don't even notice it when its in your hand.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       07-07-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
The stitching is located on "bottom" side of the handle. It shouldn't have any effect with your grip.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
X3.....you don;t even know the stitching is there.

I love that LG handle!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
You made the right decision, the LGT is the superior handle! I love that thing. The triangle grip is as advertised, you can ride without a super tight clinch, just let the triangle hook your curved fingers and you are good.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-07-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
I dont feel the stiching at all on my Murray. Sick handle BTW.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-07-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
we have the totem. you dont even feel it
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-07-2009, 10:25 PM Reply   
Basically unless you have soft brittle hands you will be fine. I love the LG.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-07-2009, 10:37 PM Reply   
http://www.ronixwake.com/

i have had my ronix north with a t-bar for 2 season's now and it gets alot of use. i love it. i also really like the lg. as for the stitching, what stitching? you will never notice it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-07-2009, 10:41 PM Reply   
I don't notice the stitching on my Ronix North and I love that grip. Haven't tried the LG yet, but would like to. Looks nice!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
That is interesting the Ronix North handle does appear to be on the 'bottom' of the grip when held, or between your fingertips and your palm.

The LG and Murray would appear to have the seam directly under your palm when held in your grip.

I was able to hold the Murray in person (albeit not wet) and could clearly feel the stitching and the seam feels raised. Probably not as stiff when wet (that's what she said).
I have some baby-hands peeps in my boat. ;)
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       07-08-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
All the round LG's have the seam stitching located on the back side of the handle. This would be the side that is facing you while you are riding. Therefore, the stitching isn't near your grip or may barely touch your fingers. The LGT or Faction (triangle shaped bar) has the stitching facing down or towards your feet when you are riding. The most beneficial place for the seam to be located is in the back (LG) or facing you while riding. That way whatever direction the handle is facing it is always facing towards you and is out of the way.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       07-08-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
David, I'll send you some 2010 Proline gear - email me.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
If only it were so easy for the rest of us HAH!

I need a new mainline.. :-)
I always get tennis elbow (tendonitis) every year. I have tried a short stretch rope section but don't really notice it. Do you think I should be on a 4klbs test mainline or should I stick to a 2klbs mainline with the hope that a small amount of extra stretch may help my tendonitis?
Old     (ryker1)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-08-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
These types of handles extended the duration I could ride by a HUGE amount. After I got the Ronix North I could ride two or three times longer in a set and ride more sets in a day.

Lately, though I've been riding 3+ hours a day and then the stiching in the Ronix handle has started to become a lot more apparent. When I ride that much it begins to blister in the spot where I get calluses which wouldn't be a big deal except that every once in a while in a fall or bad landing the stitching will rip the skin open in those spots. The Ronix handle has stitching on top and bottom of the handle when held in the riding position so the top stitching can tear across the calluse part of your hand.

The LG looks like a lot better location. I might need to try that handle.