Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-27-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
I fount this on youtube a couple of days ago and thought I would share it since it doesn't have many views and there's not much free footage of him out there. He has some of the best style there ever was and ever will be in the industry. There's so many styles out there that I love but his is the style I try to emulate the most when I ride.

There is also more footage from tige's youtube page with all of the rest of the riders that rode at billy chinook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLDQBJ06ZCM
Old     (cshell)      Join Date: May 2009       06-27-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
Smooth!!!! Tino is the shizzz, rad dude too! I agree, he really has one of the best riding styles. Smooth on the spins for sure.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-27-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
His edging is technically perfect, wow!! No wonder he spins so well how he gets that handle into his hip like that.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-27-2009, 10:20 PM Reply   
i love the way he pokes his grabs. he kinda has a style like nobody else.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-28-2009, 5:23 AM Reply   
I wish he got a little more tech in the video, but if you watch all of the videos, none of the guys are able to get tech at all behind that wake. It doesn't look bad at all, but it must be. The Watkins video is pretty cool. He does that insane Japan or whatever the grab is backside 180 that is just a mind blower.
The Scotty Broome video really shows you that there has to be something wrong with the wake because he can't do anything off of it. Erik Ruck rode really well to, but he wouldn't go for his mute mobe which is his trick.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-28-2009, 5:33 AM Reply   
Well I just figured out my own question. The last episode of Watkins world is about the team photo shoot at Billy Chinook and the air temp was 49 degrees!! It looked like they weren't allowed to wear a wetsuit either for the shoot, with at most, a heater top which is what tino had on. At 49 degrees I would be in a full suit or not in the water at all. LOL
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-28-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
Yeah in the watkins world video it shows watkins ride back to the swim platform of the chase boat so he never fell once.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-28-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
I am glad you guys figured it out cause Honestly I was like I miss the Liquid Force Tino. I knew I would get some crap for it so I kept my mouth shut, glad to know they were just riding in Minnesota Conditions.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-28-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
Tino rips, and I knew something was up with the conditions because that wake looked really nice. what boat is that, their new 22v?
Old     (juiceman831)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2009, 10:01 PM Reply   
He's my favorite rider for a reason. Its a 24Ve the new line. I believe it was the same one that was used to tow in the TIGE PRO-AM. Suppers to my Bro and his Mighty Mal in Central Cali!
Old     (cshell)      Join Date: May 2009       06-30-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Tino just stuck a 1080! sickkkk!!!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-30-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
David - I agree, and he does a bunch of rear leg poked indys. They look pretty cool IMO