Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfslalom)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
I have been looking into upgrading boards. How are Trick Boards?? I am afraid to buy a trick board because they are made of wood. Is the wood detrimental to how the board handles and does tricks?
Thanks for your time.
Old    surfdad            08-23-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
They aren't made of wood any longer, glass over foam. Give Larry a call I believe he has some pre-production models at substantial discounts.
Old     (surfslalom)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
Yeah,I know about the transition. Thanks though. I don't want to put my money into fiberglass just yet. Too fragile. Do you know anything about the older wooden ones?
Thanks for your time.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-23-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Larry Mann is pretty innovative and great to work with. I have a Mojo XL and two smaller Trick Boardz. Actually, I only have one smaller Trick Boardz, the other small board grew legs at Wakefest.

The boards I have are a little big and a way too small. I like the small velocity a lot. I ride it kind of slow, its very loose and fun. I've ridden a medium sized Free Style, that’s the right sized board for me at 220 pounds.

They are very, very sturdy boards and the fit in board racks. I don't know if you'll be able to buy a new wooden Trick Boardz, board.
Old    surfdad            08-24-2007, 5:43 AM Reply   
Fiberglass is too fragile? 99% of all boards are manufactured with fiberglass, and so is the boat you're riding behind. Larry is shifting away from wood, so if you are concerned with 'glass that only leaves carbon and 'tex or an older wood trick boardz.

Where does your concern over 'glass come from? It sounds unfounded, Jeff.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-24-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
if your lookn for the finless skim session of your life,get one of larrys new foam core jobbers. he calls it the surfskate from trikboardz
Old     (ianhedburg)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
I Have one of the pre-release boards and I like it allot. I also have a few of the old boards that were made out of wood. The fiberglass board is much faster and has better pop. The board is pretty durable and it fits in the board rack. You just want to treat it like an ocean going surf board. If you take good care of it, you should have it for a long time.