Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-19-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
I was going to reposition my amps to the port side wall in my VLX and used 1 inch screws. Well I made it all the way through (whoops). I guess I will be calling my fiberglass guy in the morning. Unfortunately he knows me by first name.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
^^^^^

Sorry to hear that bro, pays to plan out the projects.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-19-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
I don't think I would've told that one!!!
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-19-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
thanks for the advice and support nubu
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
Man, you are one pathetic loser! No offense.
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-19-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
Well Hate, at least I am a Honda dealer and not Ford right now and can afford to get it fixed. Just Kidding
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-19-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
Just put in a bolt and nut to plug the hole. JK that sucks. But seriously you should at least finish the install so when you take it in he can fix ALL the holes at once.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-19-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
Alex,
I had a buddy do that too. Its more common than you would think.
Lucky for me I learned from his mistake. It took balls to share it, and hopefully someone else can learn from your mistake.
Post up the pics of the install when its done.
Mine was just finished and the installer pulled back the carpet and glassed in a couple of blocks to mount the amp rack to.

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
Too damn funny.

I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time. Hope you can someday though.

I have a buddy who installed a new depth gauge in his Maristar a few years ago. They have a foil bilge liner that has to be scored & removed, then the puck glued directly to the fiberglass. We were instructed to use an appropriate sized holesaw without the center bit. Well, he used the holesaw alright. But he had a hard time figuring out why he found carpet in the bottom of the hole....... maybe because he'd "scored" it a little deep & was looking at the trailer bunk!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2008, 10:39 PM Reply   
Alex, I hope you got my reference it was from Dumb and Dumber and meant as a joke which I think you got.

Here's one you can use on me "Don't you know some people over in Bush's camp? Maybe you can get a job there." "I'd just as soon go to work for an American car company than get on that sinking ship" -It was from 30 Rock and cuts to the bone. Honestly I'd damn near be ready to jump ship if I didn't work where I do. I'm at the penultimate dealer in our area and it's super tough to get on here.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       06-20-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
My buddies first boat (back before the storm) was a fiberform I/O ski boat. The seats were loose, so he screwed them down. In the process, screwed the boat to the trailer. Took us a while to figure out why we couldn't get it off the trailer at the launch... He will never live that one down... ;)

JT
Old    mendo247            06-20-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
No biggie dude. I swear the local stereo shop calls me in a panic once every couple months when they did the same thing. Its very common most people are to embarasses to share. Its also an easy fix, depending on the color scheme.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-20-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
"In the process, screwed the boat to the trailer."

That's hilarious!
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       06-20-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
Chaser,

He wasn't laughing at the time, 20 years later, we laugh and joke about it.

You should have seen the look on his face when he realized what he had done... Priceless! ;)

JT
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-20-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Audio Sports in Folsom did mine too. I came to pick up the boat. The guy had a weird look to him. He finally said "I have something I need to show you." They payed to have it fixed. Afterwards, even knowing where it happened, I can't find the "scar."

Hard to admit to, but the glass shop says it happens at least once a week, from one or more of the stereo shops (and they do this for a living. you'd think they'd learn after the first couple).

Also, nobody will ever know where it happened, if you get it fixed right.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-20-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
well its bad that its not on the outside of the boat, because you'll only to spend a 35$ in a ballast chrome ring and it look like an extra one !
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-20-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
dang jt...too funny