Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-18-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
Have any of you riders experienced major up and downs in your riding. This is still my first year of riding and for the first 8 or 9 months I was progressing very steadily. Then I had a couple bad runs, couple hard crashes, and two months of cold water. Now I have just gotten worse the past month. Can't pull the same tricks, not very consistent, and dont feel comfortable like i used to. Maybe it's just a mental game... Any input or advice.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
don't think so much. don't ride w/ a purpose other than having fun.

attitude plays a big part.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-18-2006, 11:43 PM Reply   
one day ill land everything..the next day ill land nothing!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-18-2006, 11:47 PM Reply   
I agree with joe on this. Everytime I am sitting in the boat waiting for my run and "planning" the order and sequence of my tricks it all goes to hell in less than 3. Most of my best runs were either mildly buzzed (simply not caring) or just going out to have some fun. For about a month this past summer I beat myself to crap trying to string together a "comp" run and finally decided it wasnt worth it, took all the fun away from riding. All the pressure and expectation from yourself takes all the enjoyment out of the sport.

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-19-2006, 12:34 AM Reply   
once u get to a certain point in riding the consistancy in how much u ride plays a huge part in how well u ride. u will always have good and bad days riding but in general if u ride often, ur riding will regularly be pretty good and consistant, and vice versa
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Joe is right. Last summer I rode with a coach at least twice a week. I learned a lot but on the days I was just feelin goofy and not trying, I rode my best. When I got out there and tried to analyze everything and think too much I couldn't do anything right. My coach kept saying stop thinking so much. This year I plan on being brain dead all summer
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-19-2006, 10:41 PM Reply   
Good call guys. I think because everyone I ride with is better than me, I try too hard to improve to their level. And when I can't, the brain kicks in to figure out why and it only gets worse from there. Time to have some fun.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
dc..from your profile pic it doisn't look like you will have too much trouble!!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-19-2006, 11:28 PM Reply   
i usually ride well my 1st set and then if i take 4 or 5 sets it is usually those sets that REALLY go well for me like i get it dialed in or something, i always have seemed to perform better when tired then when fresh
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-20-2006, 1:38 AM Reply   
This is natural. Usually everytime you come back from a bad spell, you ride better (in my expereince at least). The better you get the more tricks you have to miss on your off days. It's part of progressing if you ask me.

The more pressure you put on yourself, the worse it gets.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-20-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Hey dan if you want to ride with some crappy people let me know. We ride at Sag every weekend and we still suck. We're on either a yellow Sanger V210, red moomba outback, or red supra launch.
& yeah thinking doesn't help
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-20-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for the invite Mattato. If you ever need a third or have room, I'd love to embarrass myself. I'm always good for cash, food and clean ups. Just let me know