Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-08-2004, 8:11 AM Reply   
Going there August 16-23 and wouldn't mind hooking up a pull. I just read the post

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/106276.html

and was wondering if any of you went to Kauai and rode?

We will not be bringing our boards so that must be taken into consideration. If I don't hear from people, I guess I will start contacting people on the other thread. Thanks
Old    akman            07-08-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
Let me see........you will be on your Honeymoon and you want to go wakeboarding......something you do at least once a week here if not more.

Go snorkeling, surfing, horseback riding, biking, parasailing........

When are you going to learn "grasshopper"

Come on Focker!!!!!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-08-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
i've heard you have to spend time with your wife on the honeymoon... is that true?
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-08-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
Maybe I want to go wakeboarding too...did ya guys think about that one..........ha ha.

Gramps, when is the last time any of us went wakeboarding once if not more than once a week in San Diego.....flash back two years!!!! I haven't ridden in a month and other than that trip with you at the end of June, neither has young grasshopper.
Old     (fallinguphill)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-08-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
Blabel,

When we went in April Daniel ended up paying for a half hour pull with Kenny Terhagen who runs the Kauai Waterski & Surf Co. in Kapaa. Cost was 40 - 50 dollars i believe. The boat was a response with just the wedge/people for weight since they don't allow ballast on the river due to the excessive amounts of kayakers and boat tours. I think most of his rental boards were kinda old but he did have last years liquid force team board. Don't remember the bindings he had. (Daniel brought his setup) Even though the wake was small It was definatly worth it just to ride in such a beautiful spot and shoot some cool photos.(watching the confused looks on the faces of the Asians tourists on the tourboats was damn funny too) I will try and get some shots of Daniel riding there up soon.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-08-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
Cool, thanks.

No weight eh??? Looks like I'll be leaving it up to Melissa!