Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-09-2003, 6:01 PM Reply   
Anyone find this useful? Is it anything like the instructional tips in WBM?
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-09-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
I have it and really didnt think it was all that great. Maybe others have a better opinion of it.
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-09-2003, 6:31 PM Reply   
The thing with wake physics is that the pages are water proof, but the ink is not, so they claim the book is water proof but all you end up with is a blank notebook if it gets wet. Why not just bring an issue of WBM in the boat with you?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-09-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
What use is waterproof paper with ink that is not? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Whoever came out with that should be ashamed and be fired from the marketing or production team. It would be like selling a waterproof raincoat full of holes!!!!!!!
Old    tclagggym            09-09-2003, 11:22 PM Reply   
I also have the book and think it is a great teaching tool. When I am showing someone how to wakeboard I can show them the pics and they seem to get it alot faster. But you guys are right about the water proof bit being a little misleading.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-09-2003, 11:30 PM Reply   
When Jeremy first put this book together, it was his intention to make it completely waterproof. He went out and spent a ton of money on the paper and, for whatever reason, thought the ink would work fine as long as it's on waterproof paper. It turned out that was not the case as the ink would cause the pages to stick together if they got wet.

As soon as he found out that this was a problem, he removed all claims of the book being waterproof from his website. In fact, he added a warning at the top of the page when you go to order it to make sure that there are no misunderstandings.

It's unfortunate that he had problems with the ink, but at least he stepped up and acknowledged the problem and removed the waterproof claims.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-10-2003, 6:04 AM Reply   
this book is bad ass. i would highly recommend it. if you want to take it in the boat, just keep it in a zip-loc bag or glove box to keep it safe.

~Forrest
www.midwestwakefest.com
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-10-2003, 8:22 AM Reply   
Sounds like a recall should be issued.

Admitting to the problem is horse poop, like he had a choice. Fixing the problem is ok. Testing the product before its sold to the public is ideal.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-10-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
We keep one in the glove box, it's nice to have pictures to help with the visualizations on new tricks.

(Message edited by tdeneka on September 10, 2003)
Old    smellyt            09-10-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
I think it is tight that the dude owned up to his mistake. He spent a lot of money on the books and a lot of effort to make a wakeboard instructional video.

I don't think it is fare to make the guy spend even more money to recall this product because the reality you probably didn't just buy this book because it is waterproof, but because it could help your riding.

As for the WBM thing, I don't know about you guys, but I am not about to bring five issues of WBM on my boat because they each have different instructionals on tricks I want to try. I would rather have one small book that incorporated all different tricks.

but thats just me.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-10-2003, 1:58 PM Reply   
I was just wondering if the instruction on the trick tips were any good. The trick tips in WBM are sometimes good, but sometimes vague I think. Although, I found the segment on trip flips (for tantrums) very helpful.