Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
So I have gotten a pretty bad bruise on the bottom of my foot similar to a heel bruise ; only on the ball of my foot (there is not any actual black and blue bruising, but I hardly ever bruise at all, just a nagging pain). I tried to search since I am sure this has been covered before, but I only got two hits which were both a bust.

Anyone have any tips for a faster recovery for this? Has anyone simply ridden through the pain; and how long did it take to heal vs. not riding on it? It is bad enough for me to have a noticeable limp when I walk but I have also noticed that the more I use it the less it hurts at that time; but the next day it will get much worse when I first wake up.

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-30-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
I posted on this about two months ago. For me, I got the heel bruise in the cold months, so a few weeks off and new bindings with thicker footpads and all is well. Sometimes after a full day they are a little sore, but not painfull for a week or two after.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
I am actually kind of bummed on the whole thing. I had bought some CD bindings that I ended up re-lacing to make life easier and finally got them how I wanted. Now with this bruise I am left wondering if the footbed just isnt enough for my sensitive feet, lol.

In reference to getting these bruises, is it like muscles where you build up your tolerance to hard landings or do they get bruised just as easily at the end of the season?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-30-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
MATT same thing happened to me with my CD's i had the as01's and loved them but then one day i landed and it felt like my foot crushed the padd and hit the board... best advise is dont ride with those bindings until your foot is 100% better... no not 99% you'll hurt it again... and try taking the back strap and pull it out so your boot has more lean to them so when you land your knees are bend and you can absorb better... took me a whole month to feel better..i had to ride with my old hyperlite bindings for a whole month....ewwwwwwww hahahhaha

CD's are sick as hell but the foot bed is lacking more cush.. the bottom layer is straight up rubber
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
FWIW Last night I put some heat to it and massaged it between heating sessions right where the pain was. Today they pain is much less and my limp is just about gone. I plan on doing this again tonight; but it seems to be speeding up the recovery process.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I don't like the heal padding on the CD's. I had my fair share of problems with those over the years.

Now I'm riding the '06 Zeus' and couldn't be happier.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-01-2006, 6:36 AM Reply   
I switched to some CWB's and the footpadding is so much nicer than what I had before. Also, try to do a search on my post on heel bruising. One guy suggested arch supports as well due to the fact of it will displace more force than just on your heel and balls of your feet. Good luck, hell bruising sucks......