Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old    The Original            09-05-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
I've wanted the Roam for about 4-5 months now and finally got one, just a little upset I didn't do it sooner!

- Got board Sat for a killer deal.
- Rode it for the first time Sunday. Played around and got the feel of board. Did lots of surface 180's, 3's, 5's, 7's 9's.
- Rode Monday - Did lots of surface 180's, 3's, 5's, 7's, 180/blind's out of the wake, huge bunny-hops, then started going W2W, W2W with grabs, specifically tindy, roast-beef, tail. You can spin out of any trick, it's wild....HOLY SMOKES can you get dizzy too! But once the dizziness cleared I started to press my luck with Butter sliding. Now I see myself as a fairly good butter-slider in many different conditions, especially a U-turn whip sliding along at 30mph in the reeds, but with the Roam the rules just got changed! The water was getting smoother monday night and pulling butter-slides a go-go was never easier. I have seen it in videos several times, after about 2-3 tries I was finally able to get the board to stand up on it's tail using only the last 3-4 inches of the board! KILLER! This is by-far the coolest looking and wildest feeling trick I have done in a long time!

Just thought I would share what I feel is about the coolest board I have ridden since the Skurfer!
KG
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-05-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Very cool KG!

I was just saying yesterday that I wanted to pick up a Roam.. I assume you got the 144?

(Message edited by eustace on September 05, 2006)
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
pictures?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
hmm i didn't see that coming! very cool indeed, glad you had a good time..any pics?
Old    The Original            09-06-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
pics, yes, but Doug has them...if we do a Bordentown day this weekend I'll bring it along! It's Wicked Cool!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-07-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
its good to hear more and more people gettin stoked on that style board. hopefully this will push the industry into new avenues
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-08-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
My girl picked one up for me while we were at Boardstock. $99 for a new 05. Rode it one day in crappy water. She is bringing it down in a few days, and we are heading for the morning glass. Can't wait. Definately a different experience. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but you should at least take a couple rides on it.
Old     (spunnnn)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-09-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
You were doing surface 900's??
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-09-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Roam is my new favorite wakeboard. It is so much fun, surface spins on the flats or try surface spin on the peak of your wake is sick. Try this, go as far as you can away from the wake and lean with all your weight on your front foot away from the pull of the boat. Flexing the tail up and grab the rope with the back hand and reach back to the water behind you with the front hand. always pulling against the boat hard, It becomes a wicked nose press. Fun is doing a 180 surface slide and when you surface slide it back 180 lean hard on your tail and you can do a tail slide as it starts to swing around to your normal position pop it to a 360. It looks sick.

I tried to do a surface slide 360 on the peak of the wake on my regular board after I rode the roam and ate it so it felt like a million bee stings on my face and neck.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-09-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
I just ordered a 2005 Roam from Grizzly, can't wait to get it!
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-10-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
Kevbo, have you tried, it is fun.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-10-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Yeah i picked one up this last saturday.. Went out today and shared just about the same experience. Minus the 9's. But basically everything else. Super fun board. Took a set to get use to, but man i love it.
Old    The Original            09-10-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
One of our regulars, Doug pulled a 2880 on Sat, that's 8 surface 360's in a row, was unbelievable!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-11-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
If anyone has any video of some of the Roam riding/tricks, it would be great to see. Post up!