Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-27-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
saw this on the home page of DailyWake and thought id share

The site is free to use until it is finalized and is no longer "beta"

check it out
http://www.learnwake.com/
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
Yah I saw that and it left a REALLY sour taste in my mouth. Typical "Dont worry, we will "autobill" you until you cancel". If it was truly a "beta" trial why would they continue membership and billing?

I dunno, kinda sketchy if you ask me.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-28-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Hey it's Mike McLin, one of the creators of LearnWake... I was just notified about this post...

Let me address some of your concerns... We are in BETA mode right now, which means test mode. We need to test our login system out (one of the main things that needs to be tested, actually). Our login system requires the use of a Paypal account or credit card. We are definitely NOT billing anyone until BETA is over. All members have the option of canceling their account (hassle-free) before the end of the beta (which is April 1). On the member homepage the first line is a highlighted reminder telling you how many days are left until the BETA is over. We will also be emailing all BETA members the day before BETA is over to remind them to cancel their accounts if they don't want to continue membership. So obviously we aren't trying to mislead anyone. If someone accidentally keeps their account a day or two past the BETA, and notifies us, we will give them a full refund. No questions asked.

We are not running a BETA period to try to scam or confuse anyone. We genuinely need to test our product out to guarantee a high quality product once launch comes. Also, this site isn't ran by randoms trying to make a quick buck. Kyle Schmidt and I decided to create the LearnWake website after much success with our past project The Book Instructional DVD Series. We've both been in the industry for a long time and are in this thing for the long haul, not to make a quick buck. The last thing we want to do is start off on the wrong foot.